𝗝𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗥𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗱 ➻ 𝗖𝗿𝘂𝘀𝗵 𝗢𝗻 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗣𝗶𝘁𝗰𝗵

Adrenaline and excitement had almost made me forget to breathe. Manchester City, the big opportunity I had been waiting for, was finally here. I walked through the training complex, my heart racing, each step echoing with the sound of my anticipation. The walls adorned with inspiring posters and shining trophies reminded me just how lucky I was to be here.

As I entered the locker room, I took a deep breath, slipping on the team's training t-shirt with a mix of excitement and nervousness. This day marked the beginning of my new life, and I was determined to make a good impression.

When I stepped onto the pitch, I was struck by the vastness of the place. The perfectly maintained grass, the immaculate goals – it was like something out of my dreams. The other players were already in action. Some were running, others were passing, and there was a palpable energy in the air. I began my warm-up, trying not to appear too intimidated by the talent surrounding me.

Then, I saw her.

Jill Roord was at the centre of the pitch, her presence both radiant and commanding. She dribbled the ball with a natural ease that took my breath away. Her movements were precise and fluid, like a perfectly choreographed dance. Her light hair was tied up in a high ponytail, catching the sun's rays. Her smile as she chatted with her teammates was infectious, and I found myself smiling too, even though I was warming up a bit off to the side.

I was so captivated by Jill that I didn't immediately notice a player approaching until she spoke to me with a warm and genuine smile.

"Hey! Welcome to the team, Y/N!" Chloe said, extending her hand. "I'm Chloe. It's your first training session, right? How's it going so far?"

"Yes, it's my first day. It's really... amazing here," I replied, trying to hide just how impressed and nervous I was.

Chloe noticed my admiring gaze fixed on Jill and burst out laughing. "Ah, I see Jill has already caught your eye. It's totally normal; she's quite exceptional. She's amazing both on and off the pitch."

I blushed slightly and looked down, realising I must have looked a bit like a fan. "Yeah, she seems... incredible, really."

Chloe gave me a friendly pat on the shoulder. "Don't worry, everyone goes through that. But you also need to focus on the training. Come on, I'll show you a few things."

Chloe guided me through various drills and offered valuable tips. Her patience and encouragement made me feel a bit more at ease. I did my best to keep up, and gradually, I started to feel less like a lost newcomer and more like a member of the team.

At the end of the training session, as the players began to gather and head towards the locker rooms, Jill walked past me. She stopped for a moment, turning towards me with a warm smile and sparkling eyes.

"You played really well today, Y/N," she said, her voice soft and encouraging. "Keep it up, and you'll find your place quickly."

I was so moved by her words that I was momentarily speechless. "Thank you so much, Jill. That means a lot to me," I managed to say, my voice betraying a mix of emotion and admiration.

Jill nodded, her smile still bright. "I'm glad to see you settling in well. Don't hesitate to come talk to me if you need anything. Sometimes starting in a new team can be a bit overwhelming."

"Thank you, I'll definitely reach out," I replied, forcing myself to meet her gaze. "I really hope I can learn a lot here."

"You will, I'm sure of it," she said, giving me an encouraging look. "By the way, if you ever want to join us for a coffee after training or just chat, let me know. It'd be nice to get to know you better."

I felt myself blush, surprised and delighted by her invitation. "That would be great, thank you."

Jill nodded with satisfaction. "Great. Enjoy your first day and take care of yourself. See you soon!"

She headed towards the locker rooms, leaving me with a blissful smile and a warm feeling in my heart. Chloe gave me a knowing glance as I walked towards the locker rooms.

"So, what do you think? She's amazing, isn't she?"

"Yes, she really is," I replied, still enchanted by Jill.

As I made my way to the locker rooms with Chloe by my side, I couldn't help but smile like a child in a fairy tale. This was only the beginning of my journey with Manchester City, and I already felt that this experience might be much more than I had imagined. Maybe this was just the start of a story even more beautiful than the one I had dreamed of.