You Are My Medicine

Two days later Leyla was looking out the balcony of the bedroom, after Emir had left for work. She was waiting for her secret lover to show up in the garden, just as he had been doing every morning since the beginning. She wondered what was going on and why she still had not seen Mert almost all morning.

She went downstairs into the kitchen and asked the staff "I have not seen Mert today. Is he okay?"

"A little earlier Pelin went to check on him, because we were also wondering why he was not showing up." Zehra answered Leyla "He said he was not feeling alright."

"Allah, Allah..." Leyla exclaimed with a hint of worry in her voice "What is going on with him?"

"I am not sure, too, Mrs. Leyla..." Zehra answered

"Tamam, I will go to see him." Leyla said

"There is no need to go, Mrs. Leyla." Pelin hurried to stop her "As my mother mentioned, I checked on him a little earlier. He is not feeling alright."

"Okay, I want to see him, too." Leyla replied "I am going."

"But, Mrs. Leyla, if he is sick, you might get infected, too." Zehra warned Leyla "We will take care of him."

"Yes, we will take care of him." Pelin supported her mother "There is no need to tire yourselves."

Leyla sighed and, ignoring Zehra's warnings, went to see her beloved man. She knocked on his door and, once she got the permission, entered his room. Seeing him lie in his bed, she immediately ran closer to him.

"Aşkım! Ne olmuş sana böyle?!" Leyla exclaimed, sitting on his bed, next to him

"It is nothing, my love, do not worry." he replied

"How is it nothing?!" she exclaimed "You look pale..."

She then leaned closer and pressed kisses to his forehead, checking his temperature.

"Mert, you are burning!" she exclaimed, looking at him with a worried look "Your temperature is high..."

"Wait here, I will bring a thermometer." she added

Leyla then went into the kitchen and said "Someone give me a thermometer! Mert is burning!", her voice laced with genuine concern

Zerrin quickly found a thermometer and handed it to Leyla.

"Mrs. Leyla, you really do not need to tire yourselves." Zehra said "My daughter and I would have taken care."

"Right now I do not have time for empty words, Mrs. Zehra!" Leyla replied "I am telling you that the boy is burning."

She then stormed out of the kitchen and went back into Mert's room, giving the thermometer to Mert, to measure his temperature. Seeing the result, for a moment Leyla got a little sad for her beloved, but then she formed a reassuring smile and exclaimed "I know how to cure you!"

"Huh?!" Mert exclaimed confused

"You just wait here." she replied "I will be back in some minutes."

"Tamam..." he replied back

Leyla left Mert's room and went back into the kitchen.

"Everyone listen to me!" she exclaimed "We will prepare a special tea, which will help Mert cure. It is a very specific recipe from my maternal grandmother, so listen to me."

Everyone nodded their heads in unison.

"Prepare me a teapot, some linden, cinnamon, one lemon, one orange and a few mint leaves." Leyla said "Watch me how I will make it and write down, so that you can have the recipe for a next time, in case it is needed..."