اضطرارِ دل ۱۵۔

پہلے پہل تجھے دیکھا تو دل میرا
دھڑکا ہاۓ دھڑکا
دھڑکا ہاۓ
جل جل اٹھا ہوں میں شعلہ جو پیار کا
بھڑکا ہاۓ بھڑکا
بھڑکا ہاۓ~

Pehle pehal tujhe dekha toh dil mera
dhadka haye dhadka
dhadka haye
Jal jal utha hoon main shola jo pyaar ka,
bhadka haye bhadka
bhadka haye~

(When I saw you for the first time
My heart started to beat fast, oh my
I'm on fire
As the embers of love
Have ignited, oh my)

"Beta ji tum waqayi iss bar baal baal bache ho. Just imagine kitna maza aata Shehreen aunty khud sunti tumhari teacher ne jo shikayatein lagayi hain."

(Beta ji, you’re really lucky this time. Just imagine how much fun it would be if Shehreen Aunty herself heard the complaints your teacher has made about you.)

Inaya said that while driving her car, they were returning from his college, where his midterm results had been announced. Apart from the fact that he got perfectly fine grades in his school exams, he was held accountable for his mischievousness and lack of seriousness, as always.

Osama, who was sitting in the passenger seat, sheepishly rubbed his earlobe and chuckled. He glanced over at her and shook his head, exclaiming,

"Aap ghalat cheez imagine kar rahi hain. Rukein main karwaata hun imagine sahi cheez. Just imagine Ibrahim bhai ki kya shakal banegi jab ham apna plan execute karenge! Ahh, I'm excited!"

(You’re imagining the wrong thing. Wait, I’ll get you to imagine the right thing. Just imagine what Ibrahim Bhai’s reaction will be when we execute our plan! Ahh, I’m excited!)

Inaya gave a slight smile at his words and softly muttered, "Allah kare!"

"Osama, what if this plan fails?"

She inquired, prompting him to gasp dramatically, placing a hand over his chest, and uttered,

"Aap apney aklotey devar ki qaabiliyat per shak kar rahi hain bhabhi? Yeh meri toheen hai!"

(Are you doubting the abilities of your only brother-in-law, Bhabhi? That’s an insult to me!)

The way he wailed dramatically made Inaya chuckle, and she playfully tapped the back of his head with her left hand.

"Wese mujhe bataya nahi tumney ke tumhe kese pata chala ke there was something amiss between us?"

(By the way, you didn’t tell me how you figured out that something was amiss between us?)

She asked while focusing on the road, slightly lowering the car’s temperature. September’s heat and humidity were causing a sense of suffocation.

"Aap ke majaazi khuda- woahh this sounds so good! Majaazi khudaa!"

(Your husband—wow, this sounds so good! Husband!)

Osama began to speak, savoring the way the words rolled off his tongue.

Inaya rolled her eyes and made a disgusted face, causing him to chuckle before he continued,

"Haan toh aapkey majaazi khuda mujhe un chaar din mein 400 dafa zaleel kar chukein they! I could easily tell unki apni begum mohtarma se ladayi hui hai!"

(Yes, well, your husband had already humiliated me 400 times in those four days! I could easily tell he was upset with his own wife!)

Inaya laughed at his words. He had said something she often said herself whenever someone was in a bad mood—she would blame it on their issues with their spouse.