اضطرارِ دل ۷۔

یہ نرم نرم نشہ ہے
بڑھتا جاۓ~

Yeh narm narm nasha hai
Badhta jaaye~

(This gentle intoxication
Keeps increasing)

It was two weeks after that fateful evening at Abbas House. She sat in her lawn on the egg-shaped swing, the setting sun casting its rays upon her. She had never been fond of sunsets; they always filled her heart with a sense of unease.

Her results were announced two weeks ago, just two days after she had her hair cut. She had passed with good marks but missed a distinction in orthodontics by only two marks, which left her feeling disappointed. Nonetheless, she decided to celebrate, leaving everything to luck. Everyone gave her a present, even Osama gifted her a chocolate bar, except for Ibrahim, who only offered a dry "congratulations."

She thanked him, suppressing an eye roll.

Her house job was set to start in almost two months, so she felt relaxed. As she sat in the lawn, she became lost in her thoughts.

She had promised herself that she wouldn't think about that idiot, but somehow, when she was alone, she sometimes wondered if he was satisfied after breaking his vows, her heart, and her dreams.

She had never experienced heartbreak before, and this one was consuming her from the inside. She needed to keep herself busy, to move on, though it seemed nearly impossible. Perhaps it was wrong—wrong for herself and wrong for her future husband.

Now, speaking of her future husband, Gulzari Bano had informed her half an hour ago that a proposal had come. She took a deep breath; she knew that marriage was an inevitable topic. With only half-hearted effort, she replied,

"Mama main abhi tayyar nahi hun!"

(Mama, I’m not ready yet!)

Inaya spoke in a soft voice. Her mother looked at her with concern. Gulzari Bano understood her situation, but she knew that if she didn’t take action, Inaya would never move on from that idiot man.

"Inaya kab tak tayyar hogi?"

(When will you be ready?)

She asked in a weary tone, exhausted from seeing her daughter so sad. With her house job not starting yet, Inaya spent most of her days lost in thought or glued to her phone. She lacked the motivation to do anything.

"Mama baba ko pata hai iss rishte ka?"

(Mom, do Dad and Baba know about this proposal?)

Taking a deep breath, she asked, her mother was right—she needed to move on from him. Zaviyaar meant nothing to her; he had proven that. She should do the same.

In her sheer emotional nature, she overlooked the fact that marrying someone without having truly moved on from another was an absolute disaster.

But she didn't want to disappoint her parents again. The fear of letting them down enveloped her like a suffocating embrace. She loved her father more than anything in this world—more than she loved herself. Her mother had casually, without any fuss or fanfare, informed Fahad about Zaviyaar's refusal to send the proposal. Now that she knew Fahad was aware, she resolved not to show her sadness around her father.

"Tumharey baba iss rishtey se bohatt khush hain! Lekin Inaya tumhari razamandi ke baghair main baat aagey nahi barhaaungi!"

(Your father is very happy with this proposal! However, Inaya, I will not proceed with this matter without your consent!)