Escaping The Island

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Bonnie and Jack were sprinting as far away as possible from the tribe, Jack losing the hat and that disgusting necklace in the process

Bonnie and Jack were sprinting as far away as possible from the tribe, Jack losing the hat and that disgusting necklace in the process. Right now, they were running down a bridge, their hands still conjoined together.

When they reached the end of the bridge they quickly ran down a short path and didn't stop for anything. Jack had lead them in a more quiet tribe, stepping up onto the rocks before realising it was a long steep drop, causing him to stop in his tracks, and place his arm in front of Bonnie to prevent her from falling over.

Jack turned and looked around, when he saw a large bamboo stick. Bonnie and him jumped down from the short stone wall and Bonnie stepped back, while Jack grinned at the bamboo stick, before dropping it when he gave up that idea and turned to look at a tent.

Quickly grabbing Bonnie's hand again, he pulled her over into the tent, seeing it contain sharp weapons hanging from the ceiling. "Careful, love." Jack warned her, and she just gave a small smile of appreciation, while Jack grabbed a rope and threw it over his shoulder.

He turned and looked over at a few tins in a sack, he picked one up and saw it read paprika on it, before turning it upside down to see the all familiar label of the East India Company. Both him and Bonnie winced at the sight, before the two walked out of the tent, only to be met with the tribe standing before them.

"Oh, bugger." Jack muttered, and Bonnie looked away from the tribe and up to Jack, hoping he had a plan. Jack gave a guilty grin and threw the rope off of his shoulder, before removing the lid from the tin, spraying it under his arm pits, and a little onto Bonnie, who coughed at the strong scent, glaring at him when he was done.

"A little seasoning, eh?" He wafted the scent around him, as Bonnie just sighed, before they were pulled apart from each other.

Bonnie was sitting against a long wooden pole, her body tied up to it, as she watched Jack being carried, bounded by rope on a stick, over to the unlit bonfire. The tribe all cheered, danced and banged on the drums. The whole thing reminded Bonnie of the day where Jack almost hung at the gallows.

She had no idea how they were going to escape this one. She tried breaking free from the bondages, but they were so tight she could barely even move against them.

After a few moments of just waiting and nothing happening, a member of the tribe came running through, shouting presumably about fire, while holding a lit torch, inching it away from the bonfire where Jack was over.

Bonnie closed her eyes tightly shut, unable to watch the man she had been split apart from for months, now moments from being roasted on a spit in front of her. But just before the flames could come in contact with the wood, another young boy came running through, yelling about something Bonnie didn't understand.