Chapter 18: Arriving in Hastinapur

The next morning, as the first light of dawn touched the spires of Hastinapur, Karna and his family arrived at the grand gates of the palace. The city was alive with preparations for Duryodhana's coronation, and a palpable sense of anticipation filled the air.

As they entered the palace, Duryodhana, now fully adorned in his royal attire, greeted them with open arms.

Duryodhana: (warmly) "Mitr! It brings me great joy to see you and your family here. Your presence means the world to me on this auspicious occasion."

Karna: (smiling) "Mitr, it is an honor to stand by your side. This coronation marks the beginning of a new chapter for Hastinapur, and we are here to support you in every way."

Duryodhana's gaze shifted to Kartikraj, who stood beside his father with a calm but confident demeanor.

Duryodhana: "Who is this boy, Mitr?"

Karna: (smiling proudly) "He is my son, and his name is Kartikraj."

Kartikraj: "Good morning, Tatashree. I am Surtakarma, son of Pandu Putra Arjun. Now, I am the son of Anga Raj."

Everyone in the hall was taken aback. The realization that Kartikraj was the child foretold by prophecy and exiled without fault struck them deeply.

Duryodhana: "How could the Pandavas do this to this boy?"

Kartikraj: "It's okay, Tatashree. It is my destiny. But now, I have a loving family."

Karna and the others smiled at his composure. Kartikraj received blessings from Duryodhana and then approached the King and Queen of Hastinapur to receive their blessings.

Gandhari: "You are a very good person, dear. May you receive everything you desire."

Kartikraj: "Thank you, Pitama. You have a sweet voice and look beautiful."

Gandhari's smile was warm, but Dhritarashtra's face betrayed a pang of jealousy.

Dhritarashtra: "Young man, be careful with your words."

Kartikraj: "Sorry, Pitamah." (holding his ears playfully) "You seem a bit weak now."

Dhritarashtra: "How dare you!" (in a playful manner)

Laughter erupted around them, breaking the tension. After receiving blessings from them, Kartikraj approached Pitamah Bhishma and Vidur.

Kartikraj: "Good morning, Pitamah. It was my dream to see you. Now it has come true."

Bhishma smiled at Kartikraj's childish enthusiasm, his thoughts turning to the prophecy and how the Pandavas had abandoned him. Kartikraj then approached Vidur.

Kartikraj: "Good morning, Mahamantri. Could you teach me about finance and how to manage it?"

Finally, Kartikraj approached Shakuni and Dushasana to receive their blessings.

Shakuni: (with a sly grin) "So, this is the son of Karna, born in exile just like his father. Tell me, Kartikraj, how does it feel to carry the weight of a birth marked by fate's cruel hand? To be the son of a man who was cast aside by his own family?"

The room fell silent, the air thick with tension. Dushasana, standing beside Shakuni, smirked, anticipating an uncomfortable response from Kartikraj.

Kartikraj remained unfazed. He looked directly at Shakuni, a cunning smile playing on his lips.