Chapter 27: The Revelation of Blood

The dense forest was shrouded in smoke as Kartikraj, Aditi, Vrishasena, and Vrishaketu approached the scene of devastation. The village lay in ruins, its vibrant life reduced to ashes. Villagers, cowering in fear, watched helplessly as Nagraj Iravan, a formidable figure clad in serpent-themed armor, stood amidst the chaos, his emerald eyes blazing with fury.

Iravan: "This village will pay the price for your actions, Maharaj of Chedi!"

Kartikraj: "Please stop! You don't understand the situation. You cannot kill without knowing the truth!"

Iravan turned to see who had the courage to confront him.

Iravan: "Who dares challenge me? Leave now, or face my wrath!"

Kartikraj: "I am Kartikraj, son of Anga Raj Karn. Leave us be!"

Iravan: "I might forgive him for the stolen Nagamani, but he's killed our people as well."

Aditi: "Nagraj, please, my father didn't steal anything. He's innocent!"

Iravan: "He has stolen the Nagamani. If you don't believe me, ask him."

Rishi (Aditi's father): "Yes, I took the Nagamani. I'm sorry, dear. Please save me from this wrath."

Vrishasena: "For that, you would kill innocent people?"

Kartikraj: "You must help the people bitten by your serpents. If you don't, I will not leave you."

Iravan: "You think you're so great, young one? I will teach you a lesson!"

As the tension escalated, Iravan's soldiers moved forward, ready to engage. The battle erupted with Vrishasena, Vrishaketu, and Aditi fighting fiercely against Iravan's army. Kartikraj, seeing his companions struggle, knew he had to act quickly.

Vrishasena (yelling over the din): "We cannot hold them off for long! Kartikraj, do something!"

Vrishaketu (swinging his weapon): "They're too many! We need a strategy!"

Aditi (dodging attacks): "Father, hang on! We'll get through this!"

Kartikraj, with a resolute expression, took aim with his divine bow.

Kartikraj (to himself): "This ends now."

He summoned the Agneyastra, releasing a fiery arrow toward Iravan. Iravan, unfazed, countered with the Varunastra, sending a torrent of water to extinguish the flames.

Iravan: "You dare challenge me with fire? I will drown your flames!"

Kartikraj, momentarily surprised, quickly drew another arrow and invoked the Garudastra. The ethereal Garuda soared toward Iravan, creating powerful gusts of wind.

Kartikraj: "Face the might of Garuda!"

Iravan, ready for the challenge, summoned the Nagapasha. Serpents coiled around the Garuda, binding it in a deadly grip.

Iravan: "You underestimate the power of the Nagas!"

Kartikraj leaped to the side, narrowly avoiding the serpents. He retaliated with arrows imbued with snake-like precision.

Kartikraj: "You won't defeat me so easily!"

Iravan's serpents formed an impenetrable shield, blocking the arrows. The battle raged on, each brother demonstrating their mastery over their weapons. Sweat trickled down Kartikraj's brow as he faced Iravan's overwhelming strength.

Iravan (to himself): "This fool is exhausting himself. Time to end this."

Iravan raised his bow, calling upon the full power of his Nagashastra. The air grew still as a powerful arrow, glowing with serpentine energy, shot toward Kartikraj. Realizing he couldn't block it, Kartikraj braced himself.