Guys night

It has been about a week - next Thursday- all 4 brothers were mindlessly watching a movie in the TV room and quite ironically, none of them were actually paying attention, they all had their minds... elsewhere.

Australia was sat on the floor- crisscrossed with one leg up and his elbow rested upon it, USA to his left huddled up with blankets on a singular couch. New Zealand laying his back across the double couch staring up at the ceiling with one arm dangling off the side and Canada on the singular couch on the far right resting his face on his palm.

It was crystal clear nobody was paying attention to the movie. It was the middle of the day yet the curtains were drawn shut so the 4 were in almost total darkness apart from the constant light from the TV illuminating the room for a few seconds at a time.

The room was open to the rest of the bottom floor meaning the kitchen , front door, dining table and staircase were around them, UK trudged down the staircase in his usual attire, top hat and all, glancing down at his watch.

"Ok France I'm heading out!"
He exaggerated as he flipped the light switch on - trying to catch his little colonies' attentions to no avail.
The lights made the brothers wince but still not avert their gaze. USA just pulled the blankets over his head.
France emerged from the kitchen ready to dismiss her husband.

"I'm just going to meet with the carer of ...soviets... children..."
his voice trailed off slightly in the end until almost inaudible, as though debating something in his head.

France came behind him and gently massaged his shoulders, easing him.
"You don't suppose the boys want to come with me?" He uttered knowing full well France would listen. France laughed gently as she let go and walked towards the couches.
"No offence love but I think the boys would much rather stay here with their mother than on one of your business tri-" she began in a sassy tone reminding Uk of the bold woman he first met.
"Uhh- I don't suppose you chaps, want to uh... tag alo-?" Uk cut off France desperately.

"YES!"

Before Uk could even finish, 3 of the 4 countries ecstatically replied ( New Zealand being the anomaly) leaving both their parents shocked except France looked slightly hurt and taken aback whilst Uk had a beaming grin on his face.

"HA hA~ it's boys' night ! Hop in lads, last one to the car is a burnt crumpet!!" It had been a while since France had seen Uk so happy, all 4 boys tossed on footwear and ran out the door following their dad, determined to prevent being a "burnt crumpet".

"Wait don't forget your jacke-"
The door slammed in Frances face.

"SHOTGUN!"
Canada called it even entering the car first,
USA followed shortly after
"Hey! That's not fair"
"How?"
"Because I'm older!"

"Canada give him shotgun"
Canada decided it wasn't worth protesting, His brother would probably sulk if he didn't hand it over , plus he'd never be able to change his dads mind about the oldest rule and now- he was stuck in the middle of New Zealand and Australia.

Almost resembling his son, UK took out a pair of 90's sunglasses and placed them on his face glancing at him self through the rear view mirror.

He rolled down USA's and his own window.
—————————————————————————————

France huffed.

"No thank you, no care. My sons just love their father more now I guess..."

The aura in the house changed as France poured herself a glass of red wine and dimmed the lights.

"Well at least I get some... me time" she smiled contently.

She got changed into a crimson red dress and heels - flipping her hair to one side and scattering rose petals across the sofas before putting her feet upon the coffee table and changing the previously playing to a romance film. France picked up the bottle and poured herself another glass. Circling it in her hand and taking another gulp.

(France and her Me time 🤭)