22

"The dean wants to see you, Issa," the student assistant told me. I nodded at her before standing up. I let my blockmates watch me as I followed Ate Jas.

When we reached the office of the dean, I was so confused. I saw the dean talking to a familiar person. I think I know this person. The dean noticed me standing and immediately gestured for the vacant seat in front of the man he was talking to.

"Miss Anderson, have a seat. I needed you to do something for me." I sat on the chair and glanced at the other man. When our eyes met, I saw how his brows furrowed. I was also shocked to see Zyan. "This is Mr. Zyan Antoine Reis. He's a political science major. As you know he's also part of the university's association of photographers. Miss Issa, as the representative of our department, I want you to work with Zyan. You'll be having a photoshoot and a promotional video for the department."

"Can you give me a minute?" Tumango sa akin ang dean. Kaagad akong nagtipa sa aking phone. Sinend ko kaagad ang mensahe kay Phil at hindi rin nagtagal ay nag-reply naman siya.

From: My man 💋

It's just work, love. No prob with me.

But if you're not comfortable, please don't
accept the project

"Dean, uhm, I'll do it po. Not because it's my responsibility as the representative but because I want to do it for our department."

"I love that answer, Issa. You'll have the photoshoot this Wednesday. Are we clear on that?"

"Yes po." Nilingon namin ni Zyan ang isa't isa nang sabay kaming sumagot.

I didn't utter a word when Zyan held the door open for me. I went outside and started walking away. I felt him walking behind me. I didn't want to look back. After all, I am now happy and contented with Phil. It's not right to converse with my ex that much.

"Larissa, can you give me a minute?"

"No, Zyan. I'm sorry."

I halted when I saw my boyfriend standing beside his car. I gulped hard when he took a glance at Zyan. He ignored him and looked back at me again. The side of his lips rose as if he was pissed. He gestured at his car, signaling me to come over and come inside.

Like the good girlfriend I want to be, I went to him. I kissed his lips before going inside. He closed the door for me while still looking in Zyan's direction. When he transferred to the other side, I saw Zyan watching us from a distance. Phil, on the other hand, closed the driver's door loudly.

"Your ex seems to be enjoying the scene, huh?" When I looked at him, I saw how his brows furrowed. He was so serious as he drove away. "Why was he following you?"

"He wanted to talk to me, and I said no. Don't be mad at me, Phil."

"I'm not mad at you." I smiled when he slid his hand down my inner thigh. "I don't think I can ever be mad at you, Larissa."

"Are we going home na?"

"We're going to my condo. Nagpaalam na ako kina Tita at Tito. They said yes, but only with one condition." He chuckled as if he recalled something funny. My forehead creased at that. "The condition is you're not coming home with a fever. They knew what happened that night. Gano'n din daw kasi sila noon."

"They said that?" Phil nodded his head. "Bakit sinabi nila 'yan sa 'yo? I don't even know that!"

"Well, they think I'm already old enough to understand things—"

"And what about me? I'm old na rin kaya!"

"But how would you react if you knew about their story? You would probably laugh and put malice into it." I scoffed at his remarks. He's so judgmental! "What? Just stating facts here."

"Annoying ka!" He laughed at me. "Alam mo ba, may naisip ako. Bakit hindi nalang tayo mag-live together? We're college students na."

"Isn't it too early for that?"

"What do you mean too early? We're old enough to do that, Phil. And I just want to spend more time with you. I am planning to work abroad." I looked at him to see his reaction. His lips were in a grim line as his forehead creased. "More opportunities... Mabubulok lang ako sa Pilipinas."

"Issa, I'll come with you if that's your final plan—"

"No, Phil, I can do it alone. Marami na ang nakapila sa 'yo ngayon. After you graduate and pass the board, pag-aagawan ka nila. Don't waste those opportunities, Phil. Minsan lang lumapit ang oportunidad kapag nasa Pilipinas ka. I'll be fine alone." I caressed his cheek and smiled. He let out a heavy sigh in response. "Bakit? Hindi ba okay sa 'yo na sa ibang bansa ako?"

"I'm fine with that, love. I'm just... I just want to go with you. I want us to witness each other grow as individuals. You know how much I despise LDR setups. I want our relationship to work. Those opportunities waiting for me here, I'm sure there are also opportunities abroad."

Hanggang sa makapasok kami sa unit niya ay iyon ang pinag-uusapan namin. Dumiretso siya sa kaniyang kuwarto at doon naghubad ng uniporme. Nakasunod naman ako sa kaniya habang patuloy pa rin sa pagsagot.

"I know we love each other. But isn't it too much? You're sacrificing your good life here for a life in a place you're not familiar with?"

"Gano'n ka rin naman, ah? Why are you convincing me not to come with you anyway? Just tell me you don't want me around you and I'll respect that. As simple as that, Larissa—"

"It's not like that, Phil. I just don't want you to leave the country because of me." I stood in front of him. I saw how his tongue rested in between his teeth. He brushed his hair with his fingers as he poked his inner cheek with his sinful tongue. "Still not getting my point?"

Kung kanina ay nakapameywang siya, ngayon ay nakalapat na ang mga kamay niya sa aking beywang. Hinapit niya ako palapit. Nang pumungay ang mga mata niya, alam ko na wala na akong kawala.

He dipped his head to reach my lips. One of his hands went up to my neck, gently holding me as his fingers caressed my jaw. As a response, I parted my lips and encircled my arms around his neck. He started walking, guiding me slowly. I just chuckled when I felt my back hit the soft mattress.

Phil left me to kneel in between my now parted legs. I watched him unbuckle his belt. He removed it harshly. I know I looked shocked that it earned a smirk from him. He shamelessly scanned my body with his eyes.

"I'm still fully clothed, sir. But you look thirsty already. Is that how bad you want me?"

"I want you so bad. I'll forever crave for you. Now... Care to shut that good fucking mouth of yours, ma'am?" He hovered over me and smiled. I rolled my eyes when I noticed how he was starting to unzip his pants. "Larissa, attention on me, please."

"Are we going to forget about our discussion earlier?"

"I stand by my decision. I want to leave the country not only because of you. You said it yourself, more opportunities abroad. But of course, mainly because of you, babe."

__________________________________