12

"Is college too much pressure?" I innocently asked Phil while we were buying street foods. He nodded unconsciously. He put some sauce in my cup. "Thank you, Andres."

"It's okay to be scared of college. But don't think about it for now. It's just the first month." I got one kwek-kwek from his cup. I nodded at his words and smiled. "If you need help, don't forget that you have an engineering... suitor."

Natawa ako ro'n at napalingon sa kaniya. He was eating his food peacefully. Days like this with Phil was never boring. It was enough to patch up my pain.

"Do you want to watch the concert later? We organized it together with the university. Some local artists will be there." Phil is now in his third year and he's so much active in the student council now. Gano'n din si David kahit na sobrang busy niya sa pre-med course niya. "Issa?"

"Ah, sure! Until 4 PM lang naman next class ko. Manonood sila Miah?" He looked at me with his squinted eyes. "Ano? I'm just asking because if they're not going to watch, then we're free to flirt with each other while watching the concert."

I contained my laugh by pursing my lips when I saw how his face softened. He walked away to buy soft drinks. When he came back he was already holding two plastics of soft drinks.

"You know, I'd be assisting the guests. But I guess I have to inform them that I can't. Maybe the others can do it." This man! He's passing his task to the others just to be with me?! I pouted and showed him a cute expression. "What? Why do you look like that?"

"Don't do that... It makes me feel guilty."

"Don't worry, it's legal to do that. I worked with organizing the event, so I deserve a rest."

I did some retouching in the restroom before the concert. Good thing we weren't required to wear our uniform today because of the event. Hinayaan ko nalang na nakalugay ang hanggang dibdib kong buhok.

After that quick retouch, I took off my cardigan, leaving me with my dark blue square neck sando top. I also fixed my white skirt and my bag. I also checked if there were any dirt on my white sneakers. Thankfully, there was none! I also sprayed some sweet-scented perfume. Tinanggal ko na rin ang i.d ko dahil hindi na 'yon mapapansin mamaya.

I texted Phil that I was on my way to the main grounds. Malaki kasi ang space ro'n compared sa gymnasium ng university kaya roon gaganapin ang concert. It was a free concert for everyone. But they were strict with outsiders. Kaya lang, sa daming pumapasok, siguradong may makakalusot na outsiders.

I immediately saw Phil talking to the band that was doing a soundcheck. He glanced at the little audience and immediately smiled when he saw me. I waved my hand. But stopped immediately as soon as I realized that we were in public! Not that I didn't want them to know, but because of the rumors that I am so in love with the student council's current president, Philander Lorenzo Andres Y. Constante.

I looked away and tried to pretend that I didn't see him. I just saw him walking his way to me! 'Yung mga estudyanteng nagse-set up ng sarili nilang chairs ay napalingon na sa akin. Some of them were serious but some of them showed envy when Phil held my wrist. He gently pulled my arm away from my face.

"Why are you pretending that you didn't see me?" He knows me too well! I cannot deny it na tuloy. I heard his low chuckle. "Issa, show me your pretty face, please."

"Ano ba, Philander?! People will gossip!"

"Let them, Issa. Come on, it's not like we're not dating." I glared at him. He smirked like he just won a battle. "There... There's my Janelle."