13

"Miah, what took you so long?" I asked Miah when he returned. Bumili talaga siya ng snacks namin. Buti nga at hindi niya na kami naabutan ni Phil kanina na naglalandian. "We were waiting for you!" I lied.

"Sus, na-miss mo naman ako kaagad. Binilhan ka na nga ng pagkain, eh. Tapos na ba talaga 'yung "Your Universe"? Hayop na 'yan. 'Yun ang inaabangan ko, eh! Tapos hindi ko pala maaabutan?!"

"Don't worry, they haven't played the other one!"

He nodded at me and focused on the stage again. I glanced at Phil. He glanced back, making me choke on my food! Natigil ako sa pag-ubo nang sabay nila akong abutan ng bottled drink. Phil was holding a bottled water while Miah was holding a cola.

"I'll have the water." Phil opened the bottle for me. I drank from it and sighed in relief. "I have acid reflux right now."

"Ah, sama niyan sa pakiramdam," komento ni Miah. Tumango nalang ako bilang pagsang-ayon. "Pucha, ayan na! Tangina, lowbatt na ako. Pre, i-video mo!" Inutusan ni Miah si Phil.

Phil took out his phone and started recording. He focused it on Miah at first. Miah laughed and pointed at the stage. Phil then focused his camera on the stage. The last song was the legendary "You'll Be Safe Here." I took out my phone and started recording too.

"Nobody knows, just why we're here. Could it be fate or random circumstance? At the right place, at the right time. Two roads intertwine. And if the universe conspired. To meld our lives, to make us, fuel and fire. Then know wherever you will be. So too, shall I'll be."

I laughed when I saw Miah giving his hundred percent energy. I glanced at Phil and caught him watching me. I smiled at him before looking at the stage.

"Remember how we laughed until we cried? At the most stupid things like. We were so high. But love was all that we were on, we belong. And though the world would never understand. This unlikely union and why it still stands. Someday, we will be set free. Pray and believe." Everyone was singing like there's no tomorrow.

"When the light disappears. And when this world's insincere. You'll be safe here. When nobody hears you scream. I'll scream with you. You'll be safe here." I sang along with the crowd. "Save your eyes from your tears. When everything's unclear. You'll be safe here from the sheer weight. Of your doubts and fears wounded heart."

"When the light disappears. And when this world's insincere. You'll be safe here. When nobody hears you scream. I'll scream with you you'll be safe here." I looked at Phil and sang those lines to him. He did the same and chuckled after.

We didn't talk about it. But when the song reached the next lines, we moved our phones to focus on each other. Basically, we were filming each other! "In my arms through the long cold night. Sleep tight, you'll be safe here. When no one understands. I'll believe, you'll be safe. You'll be safe, you'll be safe here."

Ibinalik namin ang pagkakatutok ng camera sa stage. Phil took that opportunity to hold my hand. "Put your heart in my hands. You'll be safe here."

While Miah was busy feeling the song, Phil kissed my forehead. Dahil sa sobrang kilig, nayakap ko tuloy ang braso niya. He wasn't planning to let go of my hand either! Sinilip ko si Miah pero abala pa rin siya sa pakikinig sa sinasabi ng banda.

"Na-record mo, pre?" Tanong ni Miah kay Phil.

"Oo, pero hindi ko ise-send." Hindi makapaniwalang lumingon si Miah. Natawa ako sa itsura niya. Para siyang inapi. "What? My phone, my rules."

"Tarantado ka pala, eh! Issa, oh!" Bumaling siya sa akin at nagsumbong. Tinanggal ko kaagad ang pagkakayakap ko sa braso ni Phil at ang pagkakahawak niya sa kamay ko. "Ano 'yan, ha? May tinatago kayo?"

"Wala!" Binelatan ko siya.

"Kanina pa kayo, ah! Ano ba 'yan? Shabu?" Pinandilatan ko siya. Baka may makarinig sa joke niya! "Ano ba kasi 'yan? May tinatago kayo, eh!"

"Wala, binibigay ko lang kay Phil 'yung basura ko. Siya na raw kasi magtatapon." I couldn't control my laughter when Phil handed the trash to Miah. He opened the latter's palm and put the trash there. "Ayan, nagtanong ka pa kasi."

"Mga hayop kayo. Ako na nga bumili ng pagkain, ako pa magtatapon!"

Miah went home alone earlier than us. He was going to commute. Ako naman ay sasabay kay Phil. We will ride his motorcycle. Just thinking of riding his motorcycle for the second time but this time he's already my boyfriend makes me feel butterflies.

Phil made me wear my cardigan. And he put his jacket on my lap because I was wearing a skirt. Mas comfortable na umupo ako with my legs spread now. Phil pulled down his visor and started the engine. I hugged his waist tightly as he drove away.

He slowed down when we got stuck in the traffic. When he stopped, he held my hands. Because Phil was so tall, he wasn't even extending his legs but his feet were already touching the ground, balancing his big bike. I gasped when I felt his other hand on the side of my thigh. I heard his chuckle when the cars in front moved suddenly. His hands left me so he could drive again.

I was so confused when we took a different route. He parked his big bike near a convenience store. Bumaba ako nang magtanggal ng helmet si Phil. He looked at me and helped me remove my helmet as well. Nang maayos niya ang buhok ko, saka lang siya bumaba sa motor niya. He held my hand and pulled me inside the convenience store.

"Why are we here?" I asked him.

"Where's the bandaid..." He wasn't talking to me! Hinahayaan ko lang siya na hilahin ako. Tumigil siya sa tapat ng isang estante at may kinuha ro'n. Bandaid? Ano naman gagawin niya riyan?

He told me to sit on the chair inside the store while he was paying. When he went to me, he sat beside me and slid a drink and a rice meal to my side. He was so quiet as I watched him. He took my hand and suddenly put a bandaid around my finger. After that, he checked the side of my thigh and also put a bandaid there.

"Where did you get these scratches?" He asked when he finally sat comfortably.

He noticed the smallest scratches I had when I didn't even mind them. He was obviously waiting for my answer but I was too emotional to even respond. I just knew I would cry the moment I chose to speak.

He opened the rice meal for me, "Let's eat. We haven't had a proper dinner."

"Sumayad 'ata sa balat ko 'yung keychain sa bag nung katabi ko kanina." He looked at me and sighed. "Scratch lang naman."

"About everything you said earlier. Since we're officially in a relationship now. Is it okay to tell people that you're my girlfriend? Because if that's okay with you, I'd gladly shout your name if they ask if I have a girlfriend."

"Uh, 'yun ba? Baka puwedeng private muna? But it's not a secret, ha! It's different from a secret. I just feel like they're gonna hate me. They'll say that I flirted with you or even bewitched you. You know naman the rumors circulating sa CE." I rolled my eyes, making him smile. Nagsimula na akong kumain para maiwasan ang mga titig niya. "Stop staring. I'm not the food."

"So staring at my girlfriend is prohibited now?" He said that in a serious tone. He wasn't teasing me!

"Phil, lalamig na pagkain mo."

"After this, we'll look for a pharmacy. We'll buy an ointment for your scratches."

"Phil, scratches lang 'to—"

"Inaya kitang walang galos, Issa. Kaya uuwi tayo na nagamot na 'yan."

__________________________________