Chapter 31

Joshua’s heat died down to almost nothing after that first staggeringly intense orgasm. He was the first to move, stretching languidly on the bed as he turned his head toward the alpha.

Was it good for you?” he asked, genuinely curious as to whether alphas got the raw end of the deal with it came to heats.

Seokmin grinned. “I haven’t come so hard in my whole life.” He paused, adding, “I think you might have emptied me out.

Joshua laughed, his hand finding Seokmin’s hip, caressing the smooth skin there. “Oh, I doubt it’s that easy. Maybe, with more practice…

The alpha cupped his chin, thumb stroking his lower lip. “I’ve never known an omega to be so loud during the act and so quiet during the climax.

Joshua shrugged, failing to feel an ounce of embarrassment. “What can I say? You took my breath away. Literally. I couldn’t even squeak.

The alpha lunged for him, rolling him over onto his back and pinning him to the bed. “Is that so? Maybe I should do that more often.

Uh-huh,” Joshua agreed, “as often as possible.” He paused, ran his mind back over what Seokmin had just said, and frowned. “Wait, are you saying I talk too much?

I would never say that.” Seokmin tried to look serious, but his lips twitched, giving him away.

You’re one to talk,” Joshua said with a grumble, shoving at the alpha’s shoulder.

I’m no chatterbox.

But you are a blanket-hogger. That’s way worse.” The realization hit him a moment later. “Oh, god. It’s already happened. We’re domesticated.

Seokmin laughed loudly. “That didn’t take long,” he agreed. “What should we argue about next? Leaving the toilet seat up? Putting things beside the dishwasher instead of in it?

We’d need a dishwasher for that, which I note we still don’t have. As much as I enjoy doing dishes and all… we really should discuss that.

Later,” Seokmin promised, waving it away.

Oh, hell. You like doing dishes, don’t you? Monster.

Seokmin raised an eyebrow. “It gives me time to think or space to talk to people. You’d be surprised what problems can be solved with a soapy dishcloth in your hands.

My alpha special forces mate is a closet housewife,” Joshua teased.

The alpha in question kissed him to shut him up. “Think of it more like… dish-washing therapy. The only person it doesn’t work on is Vernon, because he won’t be caught dead holding a dishcloth. But catch him while he’s brushing a horse… same effect.

Clever man,” Joshua said softly, reaching up to brush his fingers across Seokmin’s cheek. “My handsome, brave mate.

Yours,” Seokmin agreed, kissing his fingers.

Speaking of the kitchen,” Joshua said, aware that his stomach was only minutes away from starting a loud, angry protest. “I think it might be snack time.

Definitely,” Seokmin agreed.

Neither of them moved, too sated, too comfortable.

It took Joshua’s stomach growling to get them up, both of them fumbling around for the first items of clothing they could find, throwing them on, and wandering downstairs. It was just before ten p.m. and they weren’t the only ones hanging around the kitchen. Seungcheol was there, Zane sitting next to him, while Yuna leaned against the counter. Their soft-spoken conversation flowed to a stop as Seokmin and Joshua entered the room.