CHAPTER 6 : JULY 31, 1975, THURSDAY

Third Person's POV

When Macey woke up, she couldn't shake off the doubt Jaina's words had planted in her mind. She couldn't help but wonder if her partner, Cally, was being unfaithful. The thought of betrayal troubled her deeply, even though she couldn't be certain.

"I shouldn't be thinking like this towards her. She's my girlfriend, I don't want to doubt her love for me." Macey thought and looked at their picture frame on the table. It was their picture of their first-anniversary celebration. "She won't betray me." She whispered to herself.

As she went through her morning routine, Macey couldn't stop thinking about the signs that made her suspect Cally's faithfulness. "She suddenly changes her treatment towards me. We didn't have any fight before her cold treatment happened. I don't know what might be the reason for this." She talked to herself while looking in the mirror. "Her sweetness and gentleness are now gone. What might be the reason?" She thought.

When she goes outside the comfort room, she hears Cally talking to someone downstairs, so she silently steps in. When she's near Cally, she halts her steps and just watches her girlfriend talking over the phone. Cally is smiling widely. It was the smile she missed. But her heart shattered when she heard Cally say.

"Yeah, she's an amazing woman. I'm telling you. She's enticing and elegant. She's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. I would marry a woman like her. She's a complete package. I want to have her for the rest of my life. She's the source of my joy and  happiness and the reason why I can smile despite the challenges in life."

Macey never thought Cally would want to marry another woman aside from her. She immediately walked upstairs because she didn't know if she could bear whatever Cally would say further.

"Of course, I will always flex my girlfriend. Macey, she's the woman I want to marry in the future. We just have a couple of crises at the moment, but I still love her. By the way, I need to eat. Let's continue this talk some other time." Cally finishes her words with a fainted smile and sadness in her eyes. This was the part that Macey didn't hear because she immediately sprinted away.

Macey halted again. "No, I need to be strong. I need to know the truth." She said and went back downstairs. She saw Cally sitting at the dining table and about to eat her food. Macey just stands there looking at her girlfriend. Cally noticed her presence, and they made eye contact.

"Come and eat with me, Macey," Cally said making her girlfriend a bit shocked.

"Ah, yeah. Thank you." Macey answered and took her seat across from Cally. Silence engulfed them while eating their food. Macey realized that trust was essential to their relationship, and she decided that she would talk to Cally about her fears. She believed that their love could withstand this challenge, and they would emerge stronger if they faced it together.

"Cally.." Macey called softly to her girlfriend, a hint of fear and sadness in her voice.

Cally turned to her, concern in her eyes. "What is it, Macey?" she asked.

Macey hesitated, gathering her thoughts before speaking. "I have a question for you," she finally said.

"Go on, spill it," Cally urged.

Macey took a deep breath, preparing to continue, but before she could speak, Cally's phone suddenly rang.

"Macey, let's pause this conversation for now. I need to go, I have an emergency meeting. We can talk later when I have time. I'll go now," Cally said hurriedly, gathering her things and leaving the house.

Left alone, Macey was filled with questions. "What should I do now, Cally?" she wondered.

Just then, the phone rang.