Chapter 10: Miguel Is That You?

Miguel had always been fascinated by the stars. As a child, he would gaze up at the nighttime sky, mesmerized by the twinkling lights and the infinite expanse of space. He dreamed of traveling beyond our solar system, of exploring the far reaches of the universe.

And now, as he stood at the threshold of his Universal Journey, his heart raced with excitement and anticipation. Miguel had spent years studying the intricacies of space travel and learning about the many wonders of the cosmos. He had built his own spacecraft, a sleek vessel designed for interstellar travel, and had gathered all the supplies and equipment he would need for his journey.

With a deep breath and a last look at the familiar landscapes of his home planet, Miguel ignited the engines of his spacecraft and lifted off into the sky. The ground fell away beneath him as he soared higher and higher, the stars shining like jewels in the darkness.

As he left the boundaries of his own universe behind, Miguel felt a sense of exhilaration and awe that he had never experienced before. He was venturing into the unknown, beyond the boundaries of time and space themselves. And he was doing it alone, with nothing but his own instincts and knowledge to guide him.

For months, Miguel traversed the vast expanses of space, encountering strange new worlds and experiencing things that no human had ever witnessed before. He explored distant galaxies, witnessing the birth and death of stars, and encountered beings that were beyond his wildest imaginings.

There were moments of intense fear and uncertainty, as he faced new challenges and dangers at every turn. But Miguel persevered, pushing forward despite the odds and always striving to learn more about the mysteries of the universe.

And in the end, when he returned to his own universe after his incredible journey, Miguel knew that he had experienced something truly unfathomable. He had touched the fringes of existence itself, and had encountered terrors and wonders that few could ever hope to comprehend. But above all, he knew that his journey had changed him forever, and that he would never be the same again.

Miguel returned to his home universe to find that humanity was in a state of panic. The Inversal communication from Earth had alerted them to the coming of Decay, a gargantuan beast that traveled from one star system to another, consuming entire galaxies in its wake.

Decay was now headed towards their universe, and it was only a matter of time before it reached them. The scientists and leaders of the universe had been working tirelessly to come up with a plan to save themselves from the impending doom. They had developed an inter-dimensional travel technology that would allow them to jump to another universe, but it was risky and untested.

Miguel knew that he had to do his part in saving humanity from this impending disaster. He joined the team of scientists who were working on the inter-dimensional travel technology and contributed his knowledge and experience to the project.

Months passed as they worked feverishly to complete the technology, testing and retesting it over and over again. Finally, the day arrived when they felt confident enough to activate the system.

Miguel was one of the first to step into the inter-dimensional travel portal, feeling a rush of energy as he was transported to a new universe. The others followed, one by one, until the entire population of their universe had made the jump.

They had managed to save themselves from Decay, but at a great cost. They were now stranded in a new universe, one that was completely unfamiliar to them. The scientists and leaders started working once again, trying to find a way to adapt to this new environment and make it their home.

Miguel, who had been to other universes before, took it upon himself to explore their new surroundings and make contact with any intelligent life that might be out there. He traveled to distant planets and encountered strange new species, sharing knowledge and information with them.