Chapter 9: Escape ❤️❤️❤️

Kay Miks muna tayo ;)

Play: Fallin by Janno Gibs

---

Mikha's POV

It's 3 am and I couldn't sleep anymore. Here I am, watching Aiah peacefully sleeping. I gently caressed her face and admired every feature. Aiah, ang ganda ganda mo.

Later on, I find myself in tears. My thoughts have now overwhelmed me. I held Aiah close and wrapped her around me.

Aiah, if only you knew how much I liked you from the first time we met.

I tried to hold my feelings back for the sake of the friendship. Cause I know in that way I could keep you in my life... forever.

I once had a friend, a best friend I suppose, but I risked it, and now I lost her. I promised myself, never again. Especially, not Aiah.

I really tried not to call you the first time for a reason, cause I know, one move and it'll all start there.

Pero still, pilit pa rin tayo pinagtagpo ng tadhana. Sabi ko ang rude ha?

When I decided to work for you, sabi ko I just wanted to admire you from afar. Pero later on, I thought, it was a very wrong move.

The other night, I tried not to kiss you. I held back when all I wanted was to cradle you in my arms. I restrained myself from expressing my true desires. I wanted to show you more, I wanted to touch every part of you!

And last night, I stopped myself from seeing you. Sabi ko this is finally the chance. But still, my heart lead me to you.

And I felt like I have failed. Now that I have fallen harder, feeling ko there's no way to escape. Hindi ko na alam pano ko pa tatakasan tong nararamdaman ko sayo.

"Aiah, I'm sorry."

I'm sorry If I'd still try,

...to escape from this.

Flashback

Just as I was about to leave the condo, my brother called.

"Miks, we have to talk"

"Can we do it later?"

"Now." he sounded mad.

So I met him sa garden sa baba ng condo.

"What's up?" I asked him.

"Why aren't you picking Dad's calls?"

"I'm busy."

"Busy with Aiah?" nagpintig yung tenga ko. I think I know where is this leading to.
"I know you started working in her cafe. Stacey told me." he's trying to speak softly but I know he's mad.

"I get it when you said you needed more time. So, I backed you up"

"Pero Mikha, I know what you're up to. Akala ko ba ayaw mo na maulit yung dati? Mik, focus. Dad is waiting for you did you forget?"

"I believe we can discuss this later." I stood and was about to leave.

"For the sake of mom, Mik. Let's do this for her." I was about to tear up. As always, sobrang weak ko pagdating kay mommy.

Hinarap ako ni kuya sa kanya and held both of my shoulders.

"You know you always got my back, right?" Then he hugged me. My tears started to fall. "Tell her, she will understand."