Untitled Part 6

Outside Linzhou City lies the Xuanyou Mountain Range, a place not ancient by nature but created by the cataclysmic disaster five hundred years ago. Back then, a terrifying demon king resided in the mountains, ruling over millions of beasts.

Legend has it that this demon king was born with a world-shattering ability to control the undead.

It wasn't until later, when Linzhou City was established and the Qingli Sacred Palace sent people to intervene, that the demon king was finally vanquished. Before its death, the demon king unleashed a terrible curse with all its remaining power, which enveloped the depths of the Xuanyou Mountain Range. Any living being that steps into this cursed area will lose their life force and die.

Of course, this is just a rumor, as no one has ever dared to venture deep into the Xuanyou Mountain Range, or perhaps those who did never made it out alive.

The depths of the Xuanyou Mountain Range are known among cultivators as a forbidden zone.

"Senior Sister, there are many beasts in the Xuanyou Mountain Range. With my level of cultivation, entering it is like a sheep walking into a tiger's den. How about you let me go back first? Once I've broken through to the Qi Condensation stage and have enough strength, I'll help you with your task," Lin Mo suggested as he cautiously scanned his surroundings.

"No way!" Nan Mingwu replied firmly.

Traveling with a beauty is generally a wonderful thing, especially with someone as stunning as Nan Mingwu. It's something most people would envy. However, accompanying such a beauty into the Xuanyou Mountain Range is not a pleasant task—it's a dangerous mission where one could lose their life at any moment.

The Xuanyou Mountain Range is frequently inhabited by beasts, and even the lowest-level beasts have strength comparable to that of a Qi Condensation stage cultivator. Moreover, these beasts have thick hides and flesh, along with unique natural powers, making them difficult to deal with even for experienced cultivators.

"Senior Sister, we've been walking for nearly three hours now. You should at least tell me what exactly you need my help with," Lin Mo asked. They had been trekking through desolate mountains and forests, with eerie beastly roars occasionally echoing from within the mountains.

"We're almost there. I'll tell you when we arrive."

Seeing Lin Mo's cautious demeanor, Nan Mingwu couldn't help but laugh. "What are you afraid of? Do you think I'm going to eat you or something? I'm not scared, yet you, a man, are afraid? I'm starting to doubt if you're even a man."

"Do you want to find out if I'm a man?" Lin Mo straightened his posture, refusing to back down.

Hearing this, Nan Mingwu's cheeks flushed slightly, and she spat, "You smooth talker! Don't worry, as long as you help me with this task, you'll be well rewarded. Your spirit must have awakened by now, but you're probably lacking demon blood. The place we're headed should have some demon blood, and if we're lucky, we might even find great demon blood."

Great demon blood...

Lin Mo's eyes lit up instantly.

If there really was great demon blood, this trip wouldn't be in vain.

Just as Lin Mo was inwardly rejoicing, he suddenly remembered something, and his expression changed. "Senior Sister, you're not planning to enter the forbidden zone of the Xuanyou Mountain Range, are you?"

Since the death of the Xuanyou Demon King, no great demon has appeared in the Xuanyou Mountain Range. Even if there were, Nan Mingwu, as an inner disciple of the Tianxing Academy, couldn't possibly have the strength to hunt one down, as she was, at best, in the mid-Qi Condensation stage.