Chapter 59: Preparing to Take Action

The Secret of the Mysterious Nether, which occurs once every twenty years, is about to be revealed. In Linzhou City, hidden currents are stirring as powerful figures who have been traveling for years have recently returned. The marketplace in the Tianxing Academy is now filled with unfamiliar faces.

Aside from training in the Tianxing Branch Academy, Lin Mo has spent his time helping Feng Tianxing recover using the Sky-Mending Ancient Diagram.

Half a month has passed.

Feng Tianxing has been fortunate, having endured the Sky-Mending Ancient Diagram's restoration process five times. His foundation has recovered by eighty percent, and if he can survive the final session, not only will he be fully restored, but he will also experience some improvement.

Through the refining of the Law Pattern Crystal, Lin Mo's true essence has become exceptionally pure. Such true essence not only allows him to exert greater power but also restores more quickly after depletion.

However, due to the scarcity of spiritual energy in the world, the growth of his true essence has been slow.

Sitting cross-legged in the courtyard, Lin Mo's gaze was fixed on the black jade slip in his hand. This was the item he had obtained after passing the third trial of the Tianxing Branch Academy. According to Tian Xingzi, it was left behind by the first Head of the Tianxing Academy. Although Tian Xingzi was unsure what was sealed within the black jade slip, he speculated that it was related to the "Stellar Technique" and the "Nine Heavens Overlord Body"—two profound techniques.

However, to unlock the black jade slip, the condition was to reach the ninth level of the "Nine Heavens Overlord Body." Lin Mo had already reached the eighth level, only one step away from mastering it.

Although it was just one level, breaking through would not be easy.

"This black jade slip is quite peculiar. Where did you get it?" A familiar voice sounded from nearby. Nan Mingwu had appeared in the courtyard without Lin Mo noticing, her beautiful eyes curiously fixed on the black jade slip.

"What brings you here?" Lin Mo asked, as he casually put the black jade slip away.

"Are you afraid I'll steal your jade slip?" Seeing Lin Mo's cautious gesture, Nan Mingwu pouted in annoyance.

"Even if you took it, it wouldn't do you any good," Lin Mo said nonchalantly.

Nan Mingwu didn't dwell on the topic and instead said, "Recently, the Xuanyou Mountain Range has shown signs of activity. Mid to low-tier demonic beasts have been frequently emerging from the mountains, suggesting that the Secret of the Mysterious Nether may soon open."

"Is it time to set out?" Lin Mo asked.

"We plan to depart in three days," Nan Mingwu replied.

At that moment, Feng Tianxing approached. Seeing Lin Mo and Nan Mingwu together, he smiled and said, "It seems I've come at an inconvenient time."

Noticing the changes in Feng Tianxing, Nan Mingwu's beautiful eyes reflected a hint of surprise. Half a month ago, Feng Tianxing had looked sickly, as though at death's door. Now, he seemed like a withered tree sprouting new life, as if he had been reborn.

For a practitioner of the Ancient Law Pattern, having their foundation destroyed is a fate worse than death. History records many such cases, but most of these individuals didn't survive more than half a month, as they either chose to end their own lives or succumbed to despair.

Although Nan Mingwu had only met Feng Tianxing a few times, she knew his character well—too stubborn for his own good. Otherwise, he wouldn't have refused Qianye Hui on the spot, leading to his foundation being destroyed and his Ancient Law Pattern stripped away.