Chapter 11: Finally Out

Although she hadn't spent much time with Lin Mo, Nanming Wu could tell that he was anything but reckless. In fact, he was quite cunning. If he were still in the secret realm... that possibility was so low it could be completely dismissed.

The secret realm of the Xuanyuan Dynasty allocates regions based on the strength of the entrants. In the area where those in the Body Refinement stage reside, the most powerful beastling they might encounter would be equivalent to the ninth level of Body Refinement at most.

Even so, the area still posed great danger to the cultivators who entered. With bad luck, one could stumble upon a swarm of beastlings. Even Nanming Wu wasn't confident she could face a group of them on her own.

With so much time having passed and Lin Mo still not having emerged, Nanming Wu was worried that he might have already encountered danger.

"How long have you been waiting here?" Nanming Wu asked.

"Since you took him away," Leng Wuyan replied, his gaze growing colder. He had already noticed the subtle changes in Nanming Wu's expression and tone, suspecting that something might have happened to Lin Mo.

If Lin Mo had indeed died, Leng Wuyan would undoubtedly kill Nanming Wu to avenge him.

Of course, Leng Wuyan was well aware that he was far from being a match for Nanming Wu at the moment. However, as long as he was alive, he would continue to cultivate relentlessly until he caught up to her, and then he would kill her.

After a moment of thought, Nanming Wu said, "I'll take you to find him."

...

At an ancient ruin in the Xuanyou Mountain Range, there was a hidden passage that led directly to the mountainside, connecting to the secret realm's exit. However, the passage was sealed; it was one-way only—out but not in.

Leng Wuyan stood motionless at the exit, like a statue.

Nanming Wu looked at him in astonishment. Ever since they had arrived here, he had been standing there, and he had remained in place for seven whole days. His persistence and determination were truly impressive.

"He may already be dead." Nanming Wu's beautiful eyes were filled with regret, and she felt a twinge of guilt in her heart.

Since entering the secret realm, twenty-two days had passed in the outside world, while two days had passed inside the realm.

Throughout history, those who could spend a full day in the Xuanyuan Dynasty's secret realm and still come out alive were considered geniuses. Those who lasted more than a day were extraordinary individuals, far surpassing ordinary geniuses.

Even Nanming Wu had only managed to stay for a day and a half, and that was only because she had many trump cards at her disposal. Those who could last two days were considered extremely talented, even in the history of the Xuanyuan Dynasty.

Lin Mo, possessing the Rare Metal Spirit, was indeed a once-in-a-century genius, but in the context of the Xuanyuan Dynasty of the past, he would only be considered barely above average.

So, Nanming Wu was convinced that something had likely gone wrong, and Lin Mo was probably dead.

"He won't die so easily," Leng Wuyan said coldly.

This was one of the few times Leng Wuyan had spoken in the past seven days. Nanming Wu was used to his silence on most matters, but whenever the conversation involved Lin Mo, he would definitely speak up.

"What if he really is dead?" Nanming Wu looked at Leng Wuyan.

Leng Wuyan slowly turned his head, a flicker of killing intent in his eyes, before looking away again.