Chapter 43: The Meaning of Existence

In the third test of Tianxing Sect, there was a road paved with jade, stretching for ten miles. At the end of this path floated a golden gate of light, and on both sides of the road, there were bronze statues in various shapes.

These statues, both male and female, each had an inscription on their chests.

"Zhou Xuanwu, Core Disciple in the 36th Year of the Tianxing Calendar, killed on an expedition, this statue was cast in his memory to guard this place..."

"Yu Qin, Core Disciple in the 97th Year of the Tianxing Calendar..."

Lin Mo suddenly realized that these statues were not randomly constructed but were memorials for the once genius disciples of Tianxing Sect who had met with untimely deaths. Their forms were engraved and cast into statues placed in this third test site.

At that moment, the first statue moved, and then its eyes slowly opened.

"The third test of Tianxing Sect is about to begin. Given that your cultivation is only at the early stage of the Huayuan realm, all statues will lower their cultivation to the same level. Remember, these statues are modeled after the core geniuses of Tianxing Sect throughout history. Though they lack consciousness, they retain some of the skills and abilities they once had. If you cannot pass, retreat quickly to avoid unforeseen incidents that could cost you your life."

After the cold voice finished speaking, the eyes of the first statue closed again.

Rumble...

The ground began to tremble, as if some invisible message had been spread. The statues on both sides of the road began to move. Regardless of gender, they all slowly opened their eyes, and in that instant, they seemed to come to life.

Whirr!

A sharp sound of something slicing through the air came from ahead. A slender statue had already swept toward Lin Mo, carrying with it a fierce gust of wind. What shocked Lin Mo even more was that the palm of this statue was infused with true essence, and, in addition, a phantom of a green beast appeared on the statue's body. This was the manifestation of a wood-element spirit, greatly enhancing its power, which was not much weaker than what Lin Mo had encountered when facing Shui Liufeng.

Activating the Nine Heavens Overlord Body, Lin Mo's physique began to rise.

He threw a punch into the air!

Boom!

A loud noise erupted. Lin Mo felt his arm go numb. Looking back at the statue, it had been knocked back to its original position and had closed its eyes once more.

At that moment, Lin Mo understood the meaning behind the words of the first statue. These statues, once geniuses of Tianxing Sect, though turned into statues, retained some of their past abilities. This meant that despite lacking consciousness, their combat power was almost on par with the geniuses of the same level.

The path stretched out to the end, filled with an unknown number of statues. If he wanted to reach the ten-mile mark, he would have to defeat every single statue...

At this point, the statues around him began to move, not just one but six statues leaped up from various positions. Compared to the statue that attacked earlier, these six statues were even more powerful.

Facing six statues simultaneously, Lin Mo's pressure instantly skyrocketed. These statues didn't just randomly strike; their attacks contained the power of the techniques and spirits they had cultivated in life.

The pressure from these six statues was not much different from the pressure Lin Mo had felt when facing the Spirit Link Resonance triggered by Liao Jue and the others.