Chapter 27: Thought It Was You

At the entrance of the Tianxing Academy.

"Long Bo, is the information true?" Nan Mingwu looked at the old man in black robes beside her.

"Miss, I have personally confirmed that recently, Feng Tianxing is indeed staying in the northern district of Tianxing Academy," the old man in black robes replied respectfully.

"Why would Senior Feng come to Tianxing Academy?" Nan Mingwu asked in confusion.

"Senior Feng has always had a peculiar temperament, so it's not too surprising that he would stay in Tianxing Academy," the old man in black robes said.

"Mm." Nan Mingwu nodded slightly, then said, "Long Bo, you should go back. I will visit Senior Feng myself."

"Miss, let me accompany you. This Feng Tianxing..."

"No need. Although Senior Feng can be temperamental, he would not harm the students of Tianxing Academy. Moreover, considering your previous encounter with him, given his temperament, it might not be appropriate for you to see him now," Nan Mingwu said.

"Understood. I will return for now," the old man in black robes said after a moment's hesitation.

With that, Nan Mingwu lightly stepped forward and entered Tianxing Academy.

Inside Tianxing Academy, it was silent. The great hall was ancient and dilapidated, with a gust of wind bringing a desolate feeling. Seeing the once flourishing Tianxing Sect fallen to this state, Nan Mingwu couldn't help but feel some regret.

Five hundred years ago, the Southern Domain was filled with sects. Although Tianxing Sect was not a dominant sect, it was a top-tier sect with a history of nearly ten thousand years. At its peak, Tianxing Sect even had the potential to become the ruler of the Southern Domain, but in the end, it missed the opportunity and has now fallen to this state.

"I had heard that Tianxing Academy had already become a wasteland, but it is even worse than expected," Nan Mingwu sighed softly, her beautiful eyes slowly scanning the surroundings. The scene in Tianxing Academy was like a long-abandoned ruin, devoid of vitality.

In contrast, the three major academies, led by the Rakshasa Academy, were bustling with activity.

Lightly moving her steps, Nan Mingwu headed toward the residential area of Tianxing Academy. According to the information she had, Feng Tianxing was temporarily residing there. She was also curious why Feng Tianxing, who had secluded himself in the cultivator's market for nearly twenty years after leaving Tianxing Academy and claimed he would never step into the four major academies, had now moved to Tianxing Academy. This was puzzling.

Arriving at the residential area, Nan Mingwu saw Feng Tianxing coming out of a courtyard and quickly walked over.

"Senior Feng!" Nan Mingwu called out softly.

Feng Tianxing, with a stern expression, didn't even glance at Nan Mingwu but hurried into a nearby courtyard.

"Little friend! Are you inside?" Feng Tianxing smiled and called out softly, his usually rough voice lowered significantly, as if afraid of disturbing the owner of the courtyard.

Nan Mingwu looked at Feng Tianxing in surprise.

Including this time, Feng Tianxing had been placed in front of her four times. In the previous three times, she hadn't seen Feng Tianxing, and now that she did, Feng Tianxing ignored her completely, treating her as if she were invisible. Nan Mingwu didn't mind initially, as she was used to Feng Tianxing's attitude. However, it was surprising that his attitude had changed to this extent.

Nan Mingwu's beautiful eyes were full of curiosity. Who could be in the courtyard to make Feng Tianxing behave this way? "Little friend?" This form of address was typically used among peers, but why was there a "little" in it?

No sound came from the courtyard, and Feng Tianxing continued to stand at the entrance, surprisingly unperturbed, still smiling broadly as if waiting for a response from the courtyard's occupant.

After a while, a voice came from the courtyard, "Come in."

That voice... so familiar...

Nan Mingwu's brows furrowed.

Looking at Feng Tianxing, after getting the approval, his smile was exceptionally radiant, as if he had found treasure, and he excitedly entered the courtyard.

This behavior left Nan Mingwu astonished. The usually serious and eccentric Senior Feng was showing such an expression, which was surprising enough. What was even more puzzling was that the voice of the courtyard's owner sounded very familiar.

Who could it be?

Nan Mingwu frowned in thought, but she couldn't recall who it was at the moment.

At that moment, the door of the courtyard opened, and Feng Tianxing, looking very excited, went inside.

"Little friend, listening to your words is better than my three years of hard work," Feng Tianxing said, still full of enthusiasm as he came out of the courtyard.

"I need to cultivate for the next three days. Please don't come by," a young man followed him out, looking somewhat displeased.

"Since little friend needs to cultivate, I will not come by for these three days," Feng Tianxing said regretfully.

In fact, Feng Tianxing still had many unresolved questions. If he hadn't disturbed Lin Mo for three days in a row, he would have felt embarrassed to continue bothering him. Since Lin Mo said three days, then it would be three days. Feng Tianxing was still somewhat impatient.

When Nan Mingwu saw Lin Mo walking out of the courtyard, she was stunned and then exclaimed, "It's you..."

"Senior Sister Nan Ming," Lin Mo was taken aback.