Chapter 48: Fierce and Unparalleled

"Just one?"

Lin Mo shook his head with a smile. "Don't waste time. Let all ten of your so-called young powerhouses come at me together."

Hearing this, Chi Honglian was furious. It was one thing for Lin Mo to be arrogant in daily life, but to be so audacious in this situation was beyond belief. It was as if he didn't know the meaning of 'death.'

The young disciples from the three major institutes displayed fierce expressions. Particularly the male disciples from the Xuanling Institute, their eyes reddened with anger when they saw Nan Mingwu standing next to Lin Mo. Nan Mingwu was their goddess, and yet, someone had stolen a march on them. If the challengers had been from the Rakshasa Institute or the Three Extremes Institute, they might have accepted it more readily.

But Lin Mo's appearance was just passable, nothing extraordinary by Celestial Star Institute standards. Capturing their goddess's heart and being so arrogant about it had naturally provoked the ire of many from the three major institutes.

"This guy..."

Nan Mingwu watched Lin Mo with a curious smile. She was eager to see how much Lin Mo had grown recently. Considering he dared to challenge eight young powerhouses, his strength must be greater than expected.

Under the direction of their higher-ups, the young powerhouses from the three major institutes stepped forward. These were the elite, cultivated with great care, possessing the greatest potential and strength among the disciples.

The higher-ups of the three major institutes were confident. Even if Lin Mo's strength rivaled that of Leng Wuyin, it was doubtful he could take on seven opponents simultaneously.

Most importantly, Lin Mo had provoked everyone's anger. It was not just the disciples but the higher-ups of the three major institutes as well. Their authority was not to be trampled on by a mere student, and since Lin Mo sought his own destruction, they were more than willing to oblige.

"My brother Liao Jue has suffered thanks to you. I will make sure to get revenge on you all," Liao Shaolong said coldly, looking at Lin Mo as if he were already dead. Normally, he wouldn't team up with others, but Lin Mo's arrogance had ignited his fury.

Seven young powerhouses surrounded Lin Mo, creating a formidable barrier. They appeared casual, almost like they were strolling, but the onlookers showed grave concern.

The noise faded, and the surroundings grew silent as all eyes were on the group.

Chi Honglian, standing outside the circle, was visibly tense. Her fists clenched involuntarily, and her body trembled slightly. This was not intentional but rather the immense, invisible pressure emanating from the seven young powerhouses. Even standing outside the circle, it felt like a giant stone was pressing on her chest, making it hard to breathe.

Being inside the circle would be even more terrifying. The seven young powerhouses had fought their way up, enduring countless trials. They had not only defeated numerous opponents but also occasionally hunted low-level monsters outside the city. Their experiences and combat prowess far surpassed that of those who had remained within the institute, demonstrating the strength of the top ten young powerhouses.

A breeze rustled Lin Mo's hair.

Bang!

The seven attackers struck simultaneously.

A tremendous release of true essence caused the air within a hundred feet to turn into a violent storm. Various high-level beast forms materialized from their spirit essences, with Liao Shaolong's spirit essence being the most astounding—a mighty Flood Dragon. Coupled with his powerful cultivation, the force he unleashed far surpassed the other six.