Chapter 5

Next day

"Yknow, I'm obligated to make you a hero suit now." Effie hummed, walking on the sidewalk between Carmen and luke.

"Wow, could you talk any louder?" Carmen grumbled, holding Effie's shirt collar so she wouldn't get lost in the crowd.

Luke held a large umbrella over their heads, The pouring rain could be heard pelting across the umbrella. "Don't tempt her, you know what happened last time." He shuddered at the memory of Effie belching out the lyrics to Uptown Funk...

"God- don't remind me." Carmen whispered, still feeling the embarrassment.

"Oh, come on guys! That was fun though!" She pouted, folding her arms as she walked.

"I heavily disagree." Luke spat out, shooting a glare towards her.

Effie rolled her eyes, looking away from them. Her gaze landed on a fro-yo place. She smirked, glancing up at Carmen.

"Can you get me Fro-yo~?" She smiled innocently,

"You are a grown woman, you can get your own Fro-yo." Luke said, looking at the small shop as well.

"Well I know you want it too. And..."

"And you don't want to pay for it..." Carmen sighed, slouching slightly as she pulled Effie along.

"You know me so well~"
"You never pay for anything. It's your turn." Luke huffed, barely avoiding bumping into a crowd before Effie pulled him back towards her.

"Yeah- well I'm gonna spend all my money on Carmie's supersuit!" She cheered.

"I said I didn't want it!"

"Well you're getting it! So stop complaining."

"In my dreams..." Luke mumbled to himself, Carmen shot him a glare.

"What's that supposed to mean!?"

"It means you complain a lot." He glared in reply.

"Ok- who hurt you this morning." She rolled her eyes, folding her arms. And as soon as she let go of Effie a rush of people swept through. Taking Effie with them

"Ah shit.. Effie!"

The crowd was in such a rush that they didn't even notice the 5'4 woman they were trampling.

A small- 'heLP!" could be heard through the pouring rain.

Luke and Carmen locked eyes,

....

"You let go of her."

"Well you're bigger."

"You literally have super powers."

"Wow so were just gonna expose me now-"

"GUYS!!!" Effie screamed, attempting but failing to push through. Luke nudged her towards the crowd and she rolled her eyes.

"Fine..." Carmen grumbled as she weaved through the hoard, trying to grab her wrist but accidentally locked hands with a stranger. "Shit- sorry-" She quickly said, grabbing Effie's collar as she looked up at the person.

"Oh-" Abigail blinked, glancing down at her. "Hey lovely~" Her gaze then landed on Effie who had a shoe print on her shirt. "Are you alright?"

Carmen seemed frozen, just staring at her. Effie got up and smiled,

"Yea- haha... I am faaantastic." She chuckled, she did have to tilt her head up to look at Abigail. "Either you're abnormally tall, or I'm abnormally short."

"Don't worry you're just abnormally short." Luke called to them as he walked over.

This got a small laugh out of her.

Carmen sat there. Astonished. Soaking wet from the pouring rain. But she snapped out of it once Luke lightly hit her head.

He looked at Abigail, they were around the same height. Though he was slightly taller.

"Sorry my friends are idiots." He sighed, grabbing both their collars and dragging Carmen and Effie away.

Abigail seemed amused, snickering as she turned and walked away.

"God Carmen you are down bad..." He grumbled.

"Shut the fuck up..."
"She knows." Effie laughed quietly.

"How about we play the quiet game!"

"I hate that game."

"Why am I not surprised..."

...

The next couple days consisted of Carmen going to work and acting like everything was normal, going back home and messing with her powers, (it got a little out of hand once she learned she could basically spawn food).

This whole 'reality warping' thing was honestly like playing minecraft in creative mode.

"Wait. Can you make money..?" Luke blinked, looking at Carmen with genuine interest. Effie laughed,

"Of course that's the only thing you asked..." Effie chuckled, He seemed offended.

"You would wanna know too wouldn't you?!" He scoffed, slumping onto Carm's couch.

Carmen sighed, "I'm not gonna

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BE-

Carmen shut off the alarm on her phone, flopping out of bed and walking to the bathroom. She attempted to brush out her fluffy hair but gave up and just left it. Moving back into the room to get dressed into her uniform.

She ate a small bowl of cereal and slipped on a waterproof jacket to protect her from the still pouring rain, grabbing her phone and locking the door behind her. She started jogging a little, deciding she could probably get to work early today.

'HONK HONK'

Carmen turned her head to the road next to her, and gasped at the dog running through the street.

"STOP!" She called out, reaching out her arm.

....

.....

A/N: I crave death.