14~Call me That

14

Call Me That

Next chapter after 65 follows here.

Aadhya's POV

I am terrified, what will happen when I go back to the palace? What if everyone hates me? Even Samrat is infuriated over me. I was wrong but my intentions weren't.

I was sitting inside the palanquin, moving back to my husband's home. My feets were still injured, they were aching but when he cared for them this morning, I forgot the pain.

I thought he forgave me but I was wrong, how will I make things right now?

What if he sends me away to Harshagarh?

I sigh, the palanquin stops and my heartbeats race. I try to get down but I know I can't stand properly so I wait, he will come for sure.

After a few moments I heard him say something to a guard and he lifts me up again, I wrap my hand around his shoulder.

In this past day this has gotten normal for me, being lifted like I weigh nothing. I was now comfortable of this, how he holds me.

I look at his handsome face, sharp jawline and charm that always had his face glowing. My eyes met his and I instantly lowered my lashes.

"Maa ke samne kuch matt kahiye ga"

"Don't speak in front of Mother" he says to me, his voice sounding precarious, I tightened my hold over his kurta and nodded my head.

I saw straight and saw her, she was standing there. The face spoke that I have screwed up. I gulped badly and lowered my head with shame.

Just as my husband told me I stayed quiet, what can I even say to her? I am sorry for running away?

"Are you alright?" she asked my husband and he nodded his head, "we shall rest" he said and excused us. I sighed a little but before going away I glimpsed at her one last time, the bitterunveiling clearly.

The contrast on how she looked at me and her son was evident and now that I had made a blunder, she hated me for sure.

"Don't look at her" my husband spoke and I peeked at him, he was looking straight but offered me a mere gaze of his eyes. His eyes softened, I think I am dreaming.

We stared at each other, he still walked. And I did not know when I reached the chamber, that was when his eyes separated from mine.

"Rest" he said and put me over the bed, he turned around to leave but before he could do so I need to properly apologize.

"Aarav"

I uttered and he froze there, I use this rarely, I do not know if he likes it it not.

"Why do you call me that?" is what he asked me and I turned stunned. He hates it.