Chapter 7: She foresee the future?

The young widow never expected Jiang Heyan to pass the burden directly to her. Her already narrow shoulders buckled under the weight, and Zhuzhi's heart leapt into his throat. He hastily shouted, "Widow, hold on tight! If you drop the Old Master of Misfortune, how will you explain yourself to the villagers?"

Everyone around seemed a bit slow-witted, and the widow was on the verge of tears. She bit her lip, her eyes turning red, afraid to move even an inch, lest she lose all her strength.

Jiang Heyan intentionally wanted to teach her a lesson. Didn't she understand the concept of keeping a respectful distance between men and women? He had been avoiding her as if she were a plague, yet she insisted on getting closer, making it impossible for him to shake her off. It was truly exasperating.

While Jiang Heyan had no intention of being chivalrous, he couldn't ignore the reaction of others. The young widow, with tears in her eyes, glanced at the crowd of onlookers. Some of the men, though they wanted to step in, hesitated, fearing the gossip that might follow.

Seeing her tearful gaze, the onlookers grew increasingly anxious.

Finally, a ruffian-looking man volunteered to help. Rubbing his hands together, he shouted, "I'll do it! How can a young woman handle such a burden? Some people just don't deserve to be called men."

The person in question, seemingly unfazed by the comment, remained calm as if it wasn't directed at him. Jiang Heyan didn't even glance at the man. Instead, he nodded at Zhuzhi, saying, "If I'm not needed, I'll head back now."

Sun Qian blushed, hiding behind Zhi Jiaojiao while peeking at Jiang Heyan. She couldn't understand it—why did this man look so much better than the other men in the village, even though they all had the same eyes and mouth?

Jiang Heyan felt uneasy under the intensity of her gaze and quickened his pace. The steel watch on his wrist caught the light, reflecting it brightly.

Zhi Jiaojiao froze for a moment, suddenly feeling that the watch looked very familiar. Then she remembered—it was the same one she had seen in her dreams.

In her dream, she hadn't seen his face clearly, only the watch. She recalled that the man wearing the watch had bravely subdued a madwoman who was slashing at people with a knife. But in the process, his hand was injured, leaving a long scar that likely rendered his hand less functional in the future.

The temple fair was bustling with noise: relatives crying out, children screaming in fright, and the overwhelming scent of blood filling the air.

Zhi Jiaojiao's heart skipped a beat. She didn't bother to look at the statue of the God of Poverty and instinctively followed the noise.

As Jiang Heyan walked away, he heard someone call out, "Hey, that's a nice watch you got there."

He turned to see Zhi Jiaojiao.

While speaking, Zhi Jiaojiao carefully observed his watch. Sun Qian, left behind, exchanged a glance with Zhuzi, and they both had the same thought.

Boss Jiang and Jiaojiao, they're a perfect match.

The two walked side by side, but Zhi Jiaojiao kept glancing at Jiang Heyan's watch from the corner of her eye. Her mind was preoccupied, making it hard to focus.

Jiang Heyan walked with her for a few steps, feeling that something was off.

Why was she following him? Where was the girl she was with?

Jiang Heyan's mind raced. Could it be... could it be...

He frowned. Did she have her eye on my watch?