Chapter 9: The Story Under the Gray Scarf

At this same time Jian Heyan arrived outside Jiaojiao home and hesitate to go back or stay.

Jiang Heyan's hesitation was seen by the old lady of the Gao family as evidence.

She exchanged a glance with her son, and they both saw unease in each other's eyes.

Goodness, even the big boss who drives a small car came to propose to the branch family.

Although Gao Zixiang was a university student, he had no advantage compared to a boss.

The old lady Gao gave her son a meaningful look: Should we just leave?

There are plenty of girls out there, why must they settle for this Zhi jiaojiao? The old lady Gao thought that marrying off her son now was just a stopgap. Once the fuss dies down, he could find a better match.

She decided not to make a fuss, stood up, and took her son's hand, placing it in her arm. "Let's go, Zixiang. This Zhi jiaojiao doesn't seem like a good girl, she's materialistic and shameless. Let's go. With our capabilities, we can find someone better."

Gao Zixiang had come with determination, remembering how well Zhi jiaojiao treated him back in school. She would bring him hot water in winter and always share the best things her family had.

Recalling this, Gao Zixiang was heartbroken. He pulled his hand away, pointing at Zhijiaojiao as if she had done something terribly wrong. "In just half a year, how have you changed so much!"

Jiang Heyan was still standing at the door, feeling the cold wind, while Zhao Weiran watched the scene with amusement.

Zhijiaojiao scratched her ear casually. "Changed? What did I do, dig up your ancestor's grave?"

Gao Zixiang's eyes were filled with pain and accusation. He staggered a few steps, as if deeply wounded, and then slowly shook his head with his eyes closed.

Zhijiaojiao silently rated his acting, giving him a score of one, which she felt was an exaggeration.

"Zhijiaojiao." Gao Zixiang suddenly opened his eyes wide, "Have you forgotten? We promised to be a couple forever, and now, just six months later, you've forgotten our vows."

"No." He exaggeratedly shook his head, shaking Zhijiaojiao's shoulders vigorously. "You're deceiving me, right? I don't believe it, I don't believe it."

"You love me, but you must have your reasons, right?"

How dare this little brat touch her?!

Zhijiaojiao's mother, Zhishan, picked up a broom and was about to hit him. Zhijiaojiao, feeling dizzy from being shaken, took a deep breath, clenched her fists, and steeled herself.

Zhijiaojiao took a deep breath, pulled Gao Zixiang's shoulders down, kneeled up, and delivered a sharp blow.

Gao Zixiang covered his vital area, hopping around to relieve the pain.

Jiang Heyan swallowed nervously, feeling a bit unsettled. Zhijiaojiao, tidying her hair, called out, "Boss Jiang, what brings you here?"

Zhao Weiyan noticed Jiang Heyan's expression and felt uneasy, fearing he might have been scared.

Fortunately, Jiang Heyan, used to big scenes, didn't show his inner shock.

He nodded to Zhishan and his wife, then walked over to Zhijiaojiao. "I need to go into the city soon."

Zhishan and his wife exchanged confused glances. When did their daughter become so familiar with Boss Jiang?

Zhijiaojiao was equally puzzled. She didn't understand what Jiang Heyan meant and could only respond tentatively, "Well... have a safe trip?"