Chapter 16

A/N: I'm very sorry if I'm changing from past tense to present..I seem to have that problem lol

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and a frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,

-Robert Frost

As I read each word, Peter watched my eyes. They followed me down the page. Killian was glaring.

"It's beautiful," whispered Peter.

"Hey Killian we never did that thing."

"What think?" Peter asked at the same time Killian grunted "We'll do it another time." I only shook my head and continued from the book of Robert Frost's poems.

----------------------------------------------

Days passed. Regina and the rest of the group (consisting of Mary Margret, Belle, Granny, Ashley, and apparently Emma now) continued planning my "amazing" wedding. I was starting to feel a little sideways about it. Between the whole Killian and Peter subject, my head was already too big, and the wedding was absolutely no help. The two seemed to be getting along fine though. Killian introduced him to play Station 3 that I had once shown him. They enjoyed Call of Duty. Killian also used this phone to prank call random people.

"Hello?" The man on the other hand greeted.

Both tried very hard to contain their laughter. "Sir, do you have a running fridge?" Killian giggled like a teenage girl.

"Uh...yeah why?"

"WELL YOU BETTER CATCH IT!" Peter yelled into the microphone. Killian pressed the end button before they could get a reaction.

I hadn't seen Will since Peter's arrival.

----------------------------------------------

It was sunny again, which was good, with a light breeze, which was also good. Not too hot, not too cold. I was outside with Henry, my lunch break was almost over. "So how's school been?" I finally ask, sounding a bit more bored than I wanted.

"It's fine," he replied, plopping down next to me. After he makes himself comfortable on the warm concrete he continues. "How about work?"

I ruffle his brown hair. "It's fine Henry." I checked my phone. "Speaking of work, seems I have to go kiddo."

We both stood. "Bye Ruby."

"See you around." I trotted back into the diner, pulling at my shorts. All the dwarves are there snacking and drinking. "This isn't a bar you know," I chuckle, a hand on my hip.

"Oh trust me," answered Leroy, "if it was, I would be drinking way more."

I sighed and rolled my eyes. That's when a smell hit me.

Salty, but not like that one time I ordered peanut butter chicken at a Chinese restaurant. No this was sea salt, there a distinctive smell, as well as taste. Along with the sent of wood, and my favorite cologne, but tainted by the ever so faint smell of iron and coal.

"Ruby," Killian almost yells, racing over to me.

"Killian I'm working." I grab a cloth from the back and begin scrubbing the dirt Mr. Gold and Belle left from their last meal.

"Ruby, Peter's gone." Killian grabbed my arm, but I only shrugged him off, not stopping the motion.

"He's probably looking at stuff. He's never been here remember?" I slightly hiss the last word. The cloth is already tan again, and I've only washed three tables.

Killian shook his head and left me to work. I poured myself a glass of creamy milk, and took a gulp. "Ruby!" I heard from the other room.

I walked back out into the diner, wiping my mouth with the back of my palm. "What's going on?"

Granny smiled awkwardly, Emma and David behind her. "You can go home early."

"What? What's going on?" I asked angrily.

"Nothing just go home."

I shook my head and stormed out, done with this confusion. As soon as I opened the door, Killian dashed to my side. He grabbed my shoulders and examined my face. "Are you alright!?" He said in a raspy voice.

I took his arms away from me. "What is going on Killian?"

He took me in his embrace and moved his mouth close to my ear. "Someone was attacked close to the diner."

"W-what? Who?"

Killian refused to look at me. "It was...Mary Margret."

"S-Snow!?" I gasped. "Is she alright!?"

"Last I heard, it was just bumps and bruises. She's alright. She's back at her home."

"Who did this?"

"No one knows. Emma and David are pissed," he sighed.

"I saw them when Granny told me to go home." His thumb caressed my cheek, smearing the gunk left on my face from cleaning the tables. A peck was grazed across my flushed cheek bone.

"Perhaps you should go see her."

"Perhaps I will."

He swayed back and forth, hands on my waist. He kissed me in multiple places including my jaw, neck, lips, and nose. "Killian, stop," I groaned, though I didn't really mean it. "I need to visit Snow."

There was a quiet snicker. "I understand. Just don't get home too late."

I returned the laugh. "You are so overprotective. I'm a werewolf...I'll be fine."

"I'm just being careful." My face brightened.

"I know Killian. I'll see you soon."

"Not soon enough."