i'm the love of your life until a make you mad

Taylor

Another day was beginning, this being my second day in the city. I had just dropped Violet off at preschool. Yesterday I found this beautiful gazebo right in the city center, so I decided that today I would sit there and reread one of my favorite books: Rebecca.

When I got there I saw a thin silhouette sitting with her back to me. White skin and long straight dark hair. She was holding a guitar and playing a beautiful melody that reminded me of one of my songs, but the lyrics were different. I snuck up to hear her voice.

- It's always one step forward and three steps back, I'm the love of your life until I make you mad. No it's back and forth did I say something wrong? It's back and forth going over everything I said- She stopped playing to write in her notebook. It seemed like the song wasn't complete.

- What do you think of "It's back and forth maybe this is all your fault instead"?- She was startled. Of course Taylor, who wouldn't be scared? - Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you but I couldn't help but listen. The lyrics are beautiful.

Her brown eyes shine as she looks at me with her mouth half open.

- My God, Taylor Swift.

- Oh, so you know me? I recognized the melody. - I giggled and sat down next to her. Her guitar was purple, just like the butterfly clip that held one side of her bangs. - Can I see the lyrics? Maybe I can help.

- Of course! My God, I'm a huge fan of yours. I've been listening to your music since I was 6 years old, you're incredible. I can't believe you're here in front of me. - Her mouth seemed to have no restraints. Not that I was complaining. I laughed at the thought. - Oh my! You're not going to report me for plagiarism, are you? I swear, I just used the melody for fun, don't report me or my uncle will kill me.

- Hey, calm down, dear. I'm happy to know that such a beautiful and talented girl appreciates my music.- I hold her hand- And don't worry, love, I don't intend to sue you, I just thought about helping you finish the composition. What do you think of this?

- I would love it- She smiles.

- Let me see what we have here- She hands me her notebook. Every letter written fits how I felt in my old relationship. This girl's composition is so fantastic, natural and cohesive. I complete the end of the song with a primary idea and extend it to her.

It's back and forth did I do something wrong?

It's back and forth maybe this is all your fault instead

It's one step forward and three steps back
And I'd leave you but the rollercoaster's all I ever had

- Did you like the idea?- I ask her

- I loved it! Lord, you're amazing. - She stands up and pulls me into a hug. A warm, tight hug.

- You're amazing, actually. Do you want to pursue this career, my dear? Oh, and I forgot to ask your name.

- Actually, I do, but it's hard when you live in such a small town. No one here believes that one day I can be like you. Only my uncle Travis believes in me. - She sighs sadly and I feel her. My heart tightens. - And my name is Olivia.

- You'll never be like me, Olivia. You can and will be even better than I am.

- You don't know how much this means to me. - She gives me a sweet smile. I feel my cell phone vibrate.

Louis T. (Violet's school)
Good morning, Miss Taylor! Sorry to bother you, but our dear Violet is crying for her mother. We don't know what happened, but we thought it was important to let you know.

Me
Thank you for getting in touch, Louis. I'm on my way.

- Olivia, honey, I need to go see my daughter now, but let's meet up sometime, what do you think? I see potential in you.

- I would love to! This is the number for my uncle's diner, just call there! - She holds out a small card.

Kelce's Dinner

Oh, breakfast place the other day.

- Okay sweet, I'll call you- I kiss the top of her head and walk to Violet's school. Right now a taxi would be nice.

(...)

- Mommy! - A little blonde hurricane comes towards me with a red face and flooded with thick tears. I hold her in my lap and she snuggles into my neck. - My poor baby, what happened? Don't cry, my love, everything will be fine. - I stroke her little back and look up.

Principal Tomlinson's deep blue eyes stare at me through the lenses of his glasses. His gaze is worried and his smile is sweet.

- Hello, Miss Swift. Well, now that you've arrived, I'll leave you alone. - He tugged his lips slightly and left us alone in his room.

- Tell me, sweetie, what made you feel like this? - I sit with her on the beige sofa.

- Scared, Mommy. I don't want to go to school anymore. - Her lips tremble and my heart breaks.

- My love, you need to come to school. You don't need to be afraid, everyone here is nice. - I kissed her chubby cheeks - You'll always have mommy to run to, but there are things that only you can face.

- I can't - She fits into my embrace

- What do you think about us going to the inn, having hot chocolate, getting to know a little more about the place and then you try again tomorrow. What do you say, huh?

- I really want to, mommy - She gives me a smile and then I know it was worth it - Let's do it like this then, you go get your backpack from the classroom and I'll wait for you here in front of Louis's office, okay?

- Okay! - She gets up and runs out of the place with me right behind.

Louis was sitting in the reception chair when he looks at me.

- Mr. Tomlinson, forgive me about Violet. She's still getting used to school, she was homeschooled before so it's all very new to her.

- Oh, don't worry, miss Swift. What relieves me is knowing that the little one didn't get hurt. Little by little she's getting used to the new routine and I'll be here to help - He smiles - And you can call me Louis, everyone in this city knows each other anyway - He laughs and I follow suit.

- Yes, that's true. In that case, Louis, you can call me Taylor.

- It's great to meet you Taylor, but now I have to get back to work - He makes a funny face.

- And I have a little baby to please. See you later - I nod and he greets me back

- See you - I watch his silhouette disappear into the room, I'm happy to know that my Violet is in good hands

- Let's go mommy?

- Come on, my princess. Here, let me carry the backpack and give me your hand.

——🎶——

heyyy!! little by little everyone is getting to know each other. today was louis' and olivia's turn <3

don't forget to vote, lovers ❤️‍🩹

lots lots lots of love <3 (thank you sm for the 400 readers ilyyyy)