never go out of style

Hey, my loves 🌷! I know the narrator is usually one of the characters (especially Tay), but this time I'm trying a new writing style, so the story will be told in the third person, okay?

Loads of love 💘

—— ——

Taylor was heading toward the spot where she and Travis had agreed to meet. A few days ago, she had asked him to grab some pie—it wasn't a romantic date, just a friendly catch-up.

As she entered the place, the smell of apple pie, one of her favorites, filled the air. In a corner near the window, at a small table for two, sat Travis. He looked nervous, fidgeting with his fingers and staring out the window. The blonde approached him quietly and gently tapped his back.

"Hey, Trav." They still called each other by their nicknames.

"Hey, Tay." He stood up and gave her a hug, which felt a bit awkward, but it was what he wanted to do. Kelce pulled out the chair in front of him for Taylor to sit.

Travis was definitely nervous. He wasn't sure if it was because he had arrived at the restaurant alone, because he was with Taylor, or because his niece had been teasing him endlessly.

"'Uncle, you so have a crush on her, just admit it!' Olivia sipped her soda, and Travis rolled his eyes. 'No point in acting like that, I know. Come on, Taylor is beautiful, talented, charming, kind, loving, funny...'

'And internationally famous,' Travis interrupted his niece. 'Did you forget about that? She's just passing through, Liv. I'm here to stay. It would never work.'

'As if you really want to stay here for the rest of your life,' Olivia retorted, rolling her eyes. 'Uncle, you're one of the best players I know. You played in high school and in college at Cincinnati. You were the best of the Bearcats.'

'But I got expelled.'

'Not because you weren't good.'

'Okay, enough. I'm not in Cincinnati anymore or the NFL. I'm having dinner with my lovely niece who's full of cryptic wisdom.'

'I'm not cryptic, I'm direct.' Olivia smiled and took a bite of her food.

Travis laughed lightly at her, but couldn't help thinking about what she said.

'Trav, I don't want to be annoying, but I love you and just want you to be happy. Maybe you're "too old" to play in the NFL, but you love football—why not coach at a big college? You'd still have football in your life, and who knows, maybe even find love.'

'Liv, please,' Travis said, looking at her. He hated getting his hopes up. He had done that years ago, and it hadn't worked out.

His dream had been to get scouted by an NFL team, but he messed it all up. He dove in headfirst and broke his ankle. Since then, he hadn't touched weed. A sigh escaped his lips."

"Which pie are you going to order?" Travis's attention was drawn back to the blonde. "I think I'll go with the apple."

"A classic," Travis smiled at her.

"Classics never go out of style," she winked. "What about you?"

"Hmm, I think I'll go for the chocolate pie."

"How boring, Trav."

"Says the one choosing apple pie." Travis shot back, and Taylor placed her hand over her chest dramatically.

"Hey!" He laughed at her playful expression, and she smiled at his laugh.

The rest of the meal flew by, as if time didn't matter when they were together. They belonged there. Together.

But as she saw the sun setting, Taylor had a brilliant idea.

"Hey, how about we go watch the sunset in the park?" Her blue eyes sparkled as she asked Kelce.

"Hmm, sure. Let me just pay the bill."

"No need, I'll cover it," Taylor stood up, adjusting her dress. Travis gently placed his hand on her arm.

"Tay, I'm not letting you pay. I'll take care of it, just accept it," he winked at her.

"But—"

"No 'buts.' Next time, maybe you can pay," he said with a grin, heading to the counter.

Taylor grabbed her purse and followed, whispering near him as he paid.

"Next time, huh?" She giggled, and he smiled. Swift liked seeing him smile, and lately, that had been happening more often.

(...)

"It's so beautiful," Taylor commented, watching the yellow fade into purple across the sky.

"Yeah, it is." However, Travis was secretly stealing glances at the blonde.

Click. Both of them heard the sound of a camera, and Taylor quickly turned, thinking it was a paparazzi.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you guys, but you looked so beautiful," Olivia said, holding her digital camera, trying to hide a shy smile.

"What a scare, sweetie. I'm going to put a bell on you," Taylor laughed, hand on her heart.

In her uniform and backpack, Olivia approached and hugged the blonde, then her uncle, who had suddenly grown quiet and thoughtful. That seemed to be his mood lately.

"Hey, girls, I should head back to the diner to take care of a few things." He scratched the back of his neck. "Thanks for today, Tay, it was great." He smiled, and the blonde pulled him into an awkward hug.

"I should be thanking you for the company," her sweet voice sounded too close to his ear, sending a shiver down his spine. He quickly pulled back, smiling awkwardly to cover it up.

"Liv, you coming with me?"

"I'll come by later, I want to stop by Maddie's house." Olivia flashed a mischievous smile after witnessing what had just transpired. Kelce nodded and bid farewell, leaving the girls alone.

"I've got my eye on you two," Liv teased, making Taylor blush.

Unlike Travis, Taylor had accepted that she wanted to get to know more of that man—but she couldn't deny her fear of getting involved. Taylor wasn't just Taylor anymore. There was also the fame, and her daughter. It was a lot. Maybe no one would want to carry that weight with her.

Or maybe she just needed someone to show her that she wasn't a burden.

(...)

Late in the night, Taylor was cuddling in her sheets with her cats when she heard her phone ringing showing up a message.

Liv 💜🌷🌟🦋
u two look great 2gether. gn tay, have a good sleep 😉
*📸 2 pictures"

Taylor giggled lightly looking at the picture. They do look great.

You
You are a silly girl, Liv 😂😂😂
Thank you for the picture, i loved it xx.
Good night, honey 🍯🦋🌷💜

Taylor cuddled in and took a deep breath. Closing her eyes, she dreamed of green-blued eyes and buzz cut.