Chapter 10

His mind was racing with possibilities. "Excuse me, ladies," Evander said, his voice barely above a whisper, his gaze fixed on the bewitching stranger. "I must bid you adieu, but I assure you, we shall meet again." With a final wink and a dashing grin, he turned away from his admirers, his attentiveness now focused solely on the dreamy youthful male.

The individual, sensing the intensity of the grown man's gaze, looked up to meet his eyes. A small enigmatic smile played on his lips as he sized up the prince, clearly aware of the effect he was having on him.

"Good evening," Lysander said, his voice smooth and velvety, almost hypnotic in its dulcet tones. "You were quite the popular one, surrounded by all those lovely young ladies. Though I must say, it seems your attention has shifted elsewhere." He added, his eyes twinkling with perversity.

Evander Merrill chuckled softly, a wicked grin that never left his face. "You have the effect on me, my friend," he admitted, his sentence tinged with lust. "Your beauty is such a rare and intoxicating combination of strength and delicacy, masculinity and femininity. It's like I've been enchanted by a siren's song, drawn to you as if by some irresistible force."

The stranger's smile widened, his eyes gleaming with satisfaction. "You have a keen eye, and a silver tongue to match," he said flatteringly. "I am both pleased and intrigued. What else do you see in me, aside from my physical beauty?"

His words hung in the air, his eyes locked with Evander's, a challenge and a tease all in one. It was clear that this mysterious stranger was not easily captive by mere compliments and charm alone.

The oldest prince, unfazed by Lysander's provocation, responded with a suave bow, his eyes never leaving the captivating youthful male's eyes. "Your intelligence and wit are equally enticing," he said, his tone smooth and assured. "You command curiosity with your pure presence, and yet you remain hard to understand, leaving me eager to learn more. I am captivated, not just by your allure, but by the potential for passion and understanding that I sense within you."

Lysander Rhyndir, seemingly honoured with his response, took a step closer. "You are the romantic, aren't you?" He mentioned it, laden with entertainment and eagerness. "Tell me, Evan, what is it that you truly seek in a lover? What drives you to pursue the hearts and bodies of so many, and yet, never seem to settle for just one?"

Evander, his gaze smouldering with yearning, met the youthful male's eyes unflinchingly. "I seek a connection, a meeting of minds and hearts," he admitted, his voice tinged with fragility. "I crave fervour and comprehension, the shared experience of love and lust that transcends mere physicality. I am drawn to those who possess beauty, intellect, and the spark of life, and I am willing to explore the depths of that connection, even if it means experiencing passion with many before I find the one." He practically whispered.

The individual's eyes glittered with appreciation as he listened to the prince's confession. "You speak of fervour and comprehension as if it were an art to be mastered," he commented, "it seems I have found a kindred spirit in you, Evan. Shall we explore this fervour together, and see where the night leads us?"

The adult male, his chest swelling with anticipation, nodded silently, his heart pounding in his chest. "I would like that very much." He answered, a breathless murmur. As the two young men slipped away from the festivities, their eyes locked and their hearts aflame with desire, they knew that this night would be one that they would never forget, a fiery and passionate relationship that would forever linger in the depths of their souls.