RABW 21: HERE COMES THE WOLVES PRANCING ON MY DOORSTEP

The following days were exhausting. Many people were going in and out of the store but no one was actually buying the items for sale, they were just there to see Dreigh and stare at him like he was rarer than all the objects inside the store.

Levhon was getting annoyed with these people and his patience was thinning by the day. This went on for another week and he was thoroughly fed up with the shamelessness of these people. He decided to stand beside the door and glared at those people who were casually looking around then stop and peek at his son.

"I have an announcement to make," he shouted at the top of his voice to reach all people around the shop. Most of them stopped but some continued to ignore him. "If you are not going to buy anything, I advise that you get out of this place already before I decide to personally throw you out. If you truly wish to stay, then buy and leave don't keep on loitering here and disturbing our business."

Dreigh kept silent while some people had already started to leave in a hurry beside they were just there out of curiosity and nothing happened so they were a little bit disappointed. After the store was clear of the unnecessary number of people, the business started to run smoothly again.

"I thought were going to deal with those people for a long time," Levhon combed his hair using his fingers and let out a sigh of relief.

"Let's hope that nothing more serious comes knocking on our door." Dreigh shrugged and continued in arranging the newest addition to their collection. It was a silver sword as thin as a paper. It was engraved with vines that started from the hilt through the middle part of the sword. The hilt was also embedded with jewels such as jades and diamonds.

"That sword is pretty good, Mr. Mazir told me that it came from the Kingdom of Ceald to the west and that it was a very rare find indeed," Levhon explained as he eyed the sword on Dreigh's hand.

Dreigh carefully examined the sword and was satisfied with how lightweight and how thin the blade was. If he could, he would like to have the sword for himself but he was not good at swordplay. He'd prefer to read than to hold any weapon except for emergencies. He carefully placed the sword inside the glass display and left it there.

They were about to close and rest for the day when the door suddenly opened and a man in red garments of fine silk entered with several armed men. It was plain as day to see that the man in red was from a rich family furthermore the guards also indicate that he is not from an ordinary rich family but a more powerful one.

Those rich families often flaunt their wealth and power whenever they can. Most of them were also unreasonably stubborn and shamelessly arrogant. Levhon can't help but frown at the unwelcome visitor but he still remained silent and observed them first. If they cause trouble he won't hesitate to throw them out, no matter their background was.

The man's gaze wandered around the store and he slowly looked around, staying in front of an item longer than moved on to other items. Levhon approached the man after some time reluctantly and put on his business face.

"How may I help you, gentlemen?" Levhon smilingly asked but the man continued to look on and didn't speak. Levhon's eyelids twitched in annoyance but he still maintained his smile. Not long after, the man in red pointed at all the items he had gone through, he already understood what the man wanted so he went and immediately packed the purchased items. After more pointing and packing, they went to the counter to pay but before paying the man suddenly handed a letter to Dreigh.

He raised an eyebrow at the letter and didn't make any movement to accept it. One of the man's entourage frowned at Dreigh's attitude and was not able to control himself. "Are you asking for death? The young master handed you a letter so you better accept it! It is a great privilege to be able to accept a letter from our young master." The guard slammed his fist on the counter in anger.

"Is this how you treat people you want to pull over to your side?" he answered in a clearly uninterested tone.

"You-" an arm appeared in front stopped the raging man from grabbing Dreigh's collar.

"Hey, control your lackey. I don't care if you are from a powerful family but if you touch a hair on my son, I'd beat you all." Levhon pushed the guard and stood in front of the counter blocking Dreigh. His face was black with anger, he would never tolerate these kinds of people. In his eyes, they were plainly arrogant people with more talk than actual brains.

The man became angry but he was immediately restrained by the others. "Enough, we are not here to cause trouble," the man in red spoke up. His voice stopped the man and caused the whole place to fall in silence. "Sorry for my subordinate's rudeness."

Dreigh only gave him a nod. His impression of these rich families was never good, to begin with, and seeing how they act in personal solidified his dislike for them. He was not in the mood to continue any conversation with them.

"So what is this all about?" he tapped the envelope on the table.

"It is an invitation letter from the Emrys Family Head, he would like to invite you over for a lunch and talk about things," the young man calmly explained.

"I didn't expect the Emrys Family to approach me personally," the sarcasm on his voice was heavy but the man in red was not even affected.

"My name is Roan Emrys, my father would very much welcome you to our estate," the man informed him. "He would very much like you to come," his voice echoed through the room and Dreigh noticed that his father was in a daze. It was like he was being controlled. Dreigh frowned and look at his father.

"Father," he called out in a loud voice which snapped Levhon out from his dazed stupor. "Why don't you go in first and accompany Ever, " he gave his father a reassuring smile.

"Will you be okay?" the seriousness in Levhon's voice gave Dreigh comfort and confidence because he knows that someone would always back him up.

"I'll be fine," he nodded. Levhon left the store but still give the Emrys's young master a deep look.