RABW 22: A GLIMPSE OF WHAT'S TO COME

Dreigh did not expect that this young master of the Emrys's family was also a remnant like him. His ability was also very useful to deceive people but it seems that it has no effect on him. This only made Dreigh frown, it was his first time meeting someone like him but to him in this kind of situation was not pleasing. If they met in a very different circumstance, Dreigh would be glad to talk to him.

"And why would a prestigious family such as yours would want to dine with me?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. He knew why they were here and it only means one thing, the aristocratic families are on a move. If the Emrys's family are here their fellow families would come. He could only internally sigh in annoyance but he can't show it outwardly.

"The family head would like to have a person of your expertise on his side and he would like to discuss this matter further to you personally," Roan answered unhurriedly.

Dreigh didn't answer for a while before he decided to push the letter back to the young master, "I'm sorry but I can't accept this letter nor tour invitation."

Roan slightly frowned, if it were another day he would insist but he could see the determination in Dreigh's eyes. He knew that this man would not be moved easily but nonetheless, he would try again, "are you not satisfied with our family?"

Dreigh shook his head, "that's not what I mean, it's just that I don't want to be caught up with this kingdom's politics. I'd rather stay out from joining any family as long as I can."

The moment those words came out, Roan did not hesitate to take the letter back. He could only sigh. "Well then, I just hope you won't meet with any disasters because whether you like it or not, you will be caught up with this politics." Before leaving the place he paid for all the items he got. Dreigh quietly closed the doors of the store and locked up.

He went up to the second floor and found his father waiting for him. He went to his room with his father following. Both of them sat on the seats located beside the bed in the room. No one talked for a full minute before Levhon broke the silence.

"What did they want?" he was frowning and he can't hide the anger hidden in his voice.

"They wanted me to join in their family," Dreigh answered and relaxed on his seat. He could understand his father but they can't avoid these things from happening.

Levhon was even more displeased, "so they've already started."

"Yes we can expect more of them to come more often," he nodded in agreement. It seems like they're in for a treat for the following days.

At the Emrys's residence, Roan arrived and was immediately called to his father's study. He knocked on the door before entering and saw the man standing with his back on him. The man was radiating an ominous aura that can easily scare people couple with his big built and tall stature, he was the literal embodiment of intimidation. He was clad in the standard military uniform of Glasfale which was a mix of red, gold, and black.

The man was known for his outstanding feat in every battle he would command. He was vicious on the battlefield and earned the name God of War. Commander General Argus Emrys was well known in all Glasfale and is considered as one of the pillars of the kingdom.

"How did it go?" a deep voice resounded from the man. He turned around and faced his son who was very much like him in facial features but very different in the auras they radiate. Roan had this cool aura that can easily attract other people and is much related to his ability to control people.

"He refused. Based on our conversation, he has some negative view about the aristocratic families of Glasfale." It was a little bit surprising but not that shocking. He already anticipated this outcome but it was still a little bit unexpected to be turned down immediately without even considering the proposal. He knew just from their conversation that he would not be able to change Dreigh's mind no matter what he does.

Argus took a seat and sighed, "the government is already in a mess and now even remnants are very reluctant to join with any families unless they are forced to."

"There will still be others, we can find more remnant to side with us, we should be patient." Roan tried to lighten the mood. Although Glasfale appears to be strong and united but like any other kingdoms, internal turmoil can't be prevented from happening. It was even more worse in their kingdom since the forces that were fighting were all veterans of war and hold a high ranking position inside the kingdom. They were extremely fierce, unpredictable, and stubborn. Those people would shed blood no matter what the consequences were as long as they can achieve their selfish goals.

"Yes that is also true but once the Supreme Commander decides to push through with his new plan, all remnants in Glasfale except the ones under every aristocrat would fall under his and his subordinates' command, which is clearly not good and would potentially cause chaos inside the kingdom." Argus was thinking of any possibilities that may happen once the power balance between the families and the Supreme Commander would be broken.

Once the Supreme Commander would be able to get ahold of this power, he can do whatever he wants including exterminating all families that oppose him or even impose a pure dictatorial governance to all of Glasfale which will hurt innocent people and increase the chances of power abuse within the military ranks. Thinking of all these unsettling matters, Argus took a deep breath, "the Supreme Commander is unpredictable and is paranoid, we don't know what is running in his mind."

Roan fell silent as he digested the situation, "I'll try to convince Dreigh once again and this time I'll directly explain to him the situation. I'll also instruct our people who are assigned to convince the other remnants to reveal some information."

"Do that but be careful not to reveal too much. The Supreme Commander has many eyes here in the capital," Argus nodded in approval. It would be a race of time but they needed to do what they can before something happens.

But not long after this conversation between the two, news broke out throughout the capital and it rendered their plans being foiled. The Supreme Commander was indeed unpredictable.