RABW 28: TO EXPERIENCE HARDSHIP

The Capital City, Kuien, housed the Supreme Commander's Palace an intimidating place that no one can easily enter without a prior invitation. Every entrance and exit in the palace was heavily guarded, even all the servants working inside the palace was carefully selected and trained. They were conditioned to only obey one master.

That master was currently inside his study and reading reports. The study was made of red wood even the table and the chairs placed inside was made from this particular wood which can only be seen in the volcanic areas within Glasfale. A knock on the door didn't faze the man, he continued to read and waited for the other person to enter. A man in red and black clothing entered the room, his face was entirely covered except for his eyes. He kneeled down and greeted the Supreme Commander.

"How were the new recruits?" he asked while taking a relaxed pose.

"They are a bit difficult to control. Even the Commander General Rozen had a difficult time handling them." The red knight answered with all the information he had gathered.

Silence rained inside the room and only the rustling of papers can be heard for a moment. The Supreme Commander placed the papers on the table and looked at the red knight before him. He created the Red Knight during the first year of his rule and appointed them as his personal guards. They were extremely loyal and would never betray him because anyone who would betray him will only face death.

"Okay, I understand. Tell Commander General Rozen to let them have a practical experience," the supreme commander smiled and the red knight immediately understood what his master was implying.

If he cannot control these people, he would use them thoroughly before anyone could get them to their side. He would not allow anyone to challenge his authority. These remnants will die for him and his kingdom whether they are loyal to him or not.

--

It has been three days since they were sent to the battlefield. The stench of burning bodies drifted through the air suffocating many of them. From the hundreds of remnants who were sent to that place, a small number was left. Though the other side was mainly composed of ordinary soldiers, they were stronger and fiercer than them. Most of them had already regretted that they had underestimated the enemy.

Dreigh didn't talk much, he only focused on doing his tasks and staying alive. His comrades did the same but complaints can be occasionally heard from the rest of the remnants which only aroused dislike from the other soldiers. From the very beginning, it can be easily seen that the soldiers in the camp do not like them. The arrogance that was once displayed disappeared after the first time they joined the fight.

"This place is horrible," Endo exclaimed in an exasperated voice. They were only there for three days but he had already seen so many people die and the worst part of it is that most of the people like them were the ones who died early

"What can we do? We were sent here to kill the enemy, that's the only use they had for us. We run to the frontlines and use our ability to protect those who are behind us. Haven't you heard the soldiers say that we are their shield and that we should sacrifice ourselves so that they can kill the enemies easily?" Vira stood behind them and raised an eyebrow at Endo who was sulking. He was in a bad mood the moment he heard those words and his mood didn't recover from then on.

"I know, they don't consider us as human beings and I bet even the people on those pedestals never looked at us as a person." Endo could only agree reluctantly to what Vira had said. No matter how he deny it, other people will always look at them like they were monsters. They may have a sense of awe and reverie for people with abilities like them but that can easily disappear once they saw those powers.