TWENTY FIVE

ADRIANA didn't want it to come to this

ADRIANA didn't want it to come to this. But so far this was her only option. She had to do it. She had a job to do.

She was sat down and was watching her beloved. She regretted how much she felt for her. It wasn't her goal to fall for the woman in her bed, she felt for the young girl sleeping in her bed.

Adriana watched Azariah sleeping, the rise and fall of her chest soothing and peaceful. But the woman's thoughts were anything but peaceful.

She clenched her teeth as a surge of frustration flared within her. She had tried so hard to protect Azariah, to keep her safe, and yet she still didn't understand.

Adriana's eyes narrowed as she watched the girl, a plan slowly taking form in her mind. Azariah grumbled. Confused as she slowly sat up.

Adriana watched as Azariah slowly came to her senses, sitting up in bed and looking around groggily.

"Good morning, sleepyhead." Adriana said softly, a small smile on her face. Azariah looked up in panic. Adriana's eyes softened slightly as she saw the panic in Azariah's expression.

"Shh..it's okay, don't be scared." She said gently, her voice still soft but now holding a soothing undertone.

"What the fuck am I doing here? Where the hell am I?"

Adriana chuckled softly, not surprised by Azariah's confusion. She stepped closer to the edge of the bed, her movements slow and deliberate.

"You're right where you need to be..for now," Adriana replied, her tone still soothing. "Don't worry, you're safe here. With me."

Azariah rolled her eyes. She couldn't believe the woman next to her. "Don't touch me." Suddenly, a man who she once saw in one of Adriana's pictures, came in.

Adriana couldn't help a small frown at Azariah's comment, but her expression quickly smoothed over as she glanced back at the man in the doorway.

"Everything is ready," The man said simply, his expression stoic and unreadable.

"Thanks, Owen, I owe you one for real." That was the man Azariah saw before she blacked out.

"You don't owe me anything," Owen replied gruffly. He glanced at Azariah, his gaze lingering for a moment before he looked back at Adriana. "Is the girl taken care of?"

Azariah looked at Adriana in disbelief. "Taken care of? What the hell is he talking about Adriana?"

She was confused. She was confused on why she was kidnapped. Why they were being secretive.

"Owen I need to explain somethings to her, I'll meet you outside." The man walked out, closing the door. Azariah could still see his feet. "You're a pretty woman you know that right? You believe everything you see and hear." Adriana whispered, close to her face.