TWENTY SIX ❀

ADRIANA knew she was harsh on the young woman

ADRIANA knew she was harsh on the young woman. But even if she had feelings for her, she had a job to do and no one was gonna get in the way of it.

The young woman was sitting in front of her, looking everywhere but her. "Get used to my place. You're gonna be here for a long while." The grumpy woman said.

"You're not an actual professor?" The minx asked. Adriana looked up at her, trying to eat her dinner. "No." She said. Azariah scoffed. "So you don't actually know anything about mythical creatures?"

"No." Adriana said, going back to her dinner. She watched the young woman shake her head. She didn't know anything, she wanted the truth right? "So the pictures that you took on your Instagram...why do you guys look happy?"

"It's called acting, now can you just eat and leave me alone?" The woman said, rolling her eyes.

Azariah laughed like a crazy person. "Leave you alone? That's funny because I swear I've just been kidnapped and I'm supposed to leave you alone?" She stood up, Owen came right out.

She began to run away. "Leave her be. If she wants to learn the hard way let her learn the hard way." Adriana said, not caring and going back to her food.

Azariah ran, she ran until she was outside and so far into the woods. It was night time so she heard howling. She couldn't see anything as it was dark.

Azariah was panting hard, her heart pounding in her chest as she plunged deeper into the woods. Adrenaline coursed through her veins, fueling her as she darted between trees and shrubs, trying to put as much distance between herself and Adriana as possible.

The darkness seemed to close in around her, the shadows playing tricks on her eyes and the sounds of nighttime creatures filling her ears. But there was something else in the air now.

As she heard the howling, she kept looking around, more scared than she was, she didn't move as she heard branches breaking off.

She had wished in that moment that she was in that house rather than out here. All she wanted to do was leave.

Azariah's heart was hammering in her chest as the howling grew louder, the sounds of broken branches crackling in the underbrush sending shivers down her spine. She could feel the shadows pressing in around her, the darkness like a living entity, closing in on her.

She forced herself to stay still, too paralyzed by fear and uncertainty to even breathe. She wanted desperately to be anywhere but here, to be back in that house and away from the danger lurking in the woods.

Branches kept breaking, someone was there, or something was there. She still hadn't moved. She didn't know where the movement was coming from but she had made sure she was ready to run.