TWENTY EIGHT ❀

AZARIAH stood in front of the mirror, looking at her reflection

AZARIAH stood in front of the mirror, looking at her reflection. She was wearing a tight black dress as instructed by Adriana, and she couldn't help but feel self-conscious.

The dress clung to her curves, accentuating her figure in a way she wasn't used to.

She fidgeted with her hair, trying to make it look perfect. She didn't know what to expect from tonight's dinner, and her nerves were on end.

"Miss. Christidou wants you to meet her downstairs." The young maid said.

Azariah took a deep breath, trying to calm the butterflies in her stomach. She knew Adriana was probably waiting for her downstairs.

"Thank you," she said to the maid, who nodded and left the room.

Azariah exited the room and made her way downstairs, her heart rate quickening with each step.

She had walked downstairs, seeing the woman talking to Owen. Adriana's eyes flicked up as she heard footsteps, and her gaze fixed on Azariah. She gave the girl a once over, taking in the sight of her in the black dress.

A small smirk tugged at the corner of her lip.

"There you are." She said, her voice cool and smooth. "You look decent."

"Thanks." The young woman said firmly. She just needed to get this over with.

Adriana chuckled at Azariah's firm reply, clearly amused by her reluctance.

She moved closer to the girl, her eyes tracing over the curves of her body in the tight dress.

"You can at least try to sound a little more grateful, love," Adrirana teased, her hand brushing against Azariah's hip.

"Grateful for what?? Grateful for the fact that I have to stand here and pretend like I wanna be here cause you can't seem to find someone without kidnapping them??" Azariah said, rolling her eyes and scoffing.

Adriana's smirk faded at Azariah's biting response, replaced by a slight frown. She was not used to being talked back to, and this girl was really starting to piss her off.

"Watch your mouth," She snapped, grabbing Azariah's chin and forcing her to look her in the eye.

"I gave you a nice room, nice clothes, and I'm even letting you eat dinner with my family. The least you can do is try to behave yourself."

"Get your hands off me." The young girl said, trying to take her hands off her.

Adriana gripped Azariah's chin tighter, not letting the girl move her hands away. Her eyes darkened as her anger and irritation grew.

"Do not test me," She warned, her voice low and dangerous. "I don't care what you think we had, do not underestimate my ability to ruin everything for you. You'd do well to remember who's in control."