TWENTY SEVEN ❀

THE room was silent

THE room was silent. Azariah's mind was a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions.

She was still reeling from the revelation that she now belonged to Adriana, and the thought of being used and discarded like property sent a chill down her spine.

She looked around the small room, feeling the coldness of the walls, the hardness of the bed she was sitting on. Despite being alone, she had never felt more vulnerable.

She knew that Owen was standing outside the door so she called him in. He was now standing in front of her. "I need you to answer some questions for me, Owen."

Owen looked at her, his expression stoic and emotionless.
"What do you want to know?" He asked. He crossed his arms over his chest, waiting for her to speak.

"What does she mean by I'm hers until she's done with me? And please don't give me a shit response." Azariah said, crossing her hands over her chest.

"She means she will let you go once she's done with the contract. Your sister owed her maybe roughly about 6 millions dollars, or more. So she'll keep you for six-ten months. It all just depends."

Azariah's heart lurched at Owen's explanation. Six to ten months. She would be stuck here, in this place, under Adriana's control for months? The thought sent a wave of fear and desperation washing over her.

"This can't be happening," she muttered, her voice shaking. "Why does she need me... why does she even want me?"

Owen chuckled. "To prove to people she's got a romantic life." Owen said, which made her frown.

"She is a very complicated person but she will never hurt anyone who doesn't deserve to be hurt, want to be hurt is different. But to survive here, you're just gonna have to find a way."

Azariah looked at Owen disbelief. Romantic life? That was why she was here, why she was going to be held captive for months?

"So she's holding me captive to... what? Make people think she's dating someone?" She still couldn't quite wrap her head around it. It all seemed so surreal, like a nightmare that she couldn't wake up from.

"She needs to keep her reputation up, she has to keep the generation going." Owen nodded, not once showing emotion.

Azariah shook her head, frustration and anger building up inside her. This was all so unfair, so messed up. And the fact that Owen was so calm and emotionless made it all the more maddening.

"So I'm just a prop," she said, her voice venomous. "A tool to help her keep up her illusion of having a normal life. How does that make any sense?"

Owen remained quiet, not knowing what to say to the girl who was upset. Azariah let out a frustrated huff, pacing back and forth in the small room.

She couldn't believe this was her life now, being used and held captive by someone to keep up the appearance of having a relationship. It was insane.

"This is messed up," She muttered to herself, her mind racing with thoughts and emotions. "I need to find a way out of here. I can't stay here for months, under her control."