Chapter 13: Triumph

Hello everyone 🤗🤗🤗 am so sorry for uploading a little bit late 😪 I believe am forgiven 🥺. Well I thought of making things more interesting by giving you this chapter in John's POV 😍😍 John lovers, this is your John speaking in this chapter 🤗 enjoyyyyyy🥂🥂💃

"We loved with a love that was more than love." — Edgar Allan Poe

POV: John

The first rays of morning light slipped through the blinds, casting a warm glow across my bedroom. I lay there for a moment, savoring the stillness of the early hour, letting the events of the past few weeks settle in my mind. The stress that had been my constant companion had finally lifted. My business was back on track, and the project that had caused me so many sleepless nights was now complete. But as much as the success mattered to me, there was something else someone else who was even more important.

Priscilla.

Today was about more than just celebrating a business victory. It was about making things right with her. I hadn’t been the man I should’ve been, pushing her away when I needed her most. But I was determined to change that, starting today.

I picked up my phone and dialed her number, feeling a flutter of excitement in my chest. Her voice, warm and familiar, greeted me after the first ring.

"Good morning, John," she said, her tone light and curious.

"Good morning, Priscilla," I replied, unable to hide the smile in my voice. "How do you feel about spending the day with me? I’ve got something special planned."

There was a brief pause before she answered, her curiosity clearly piqued. "Special? What are you up to?"

"You’ll see," I teased. "Just be ready in an hour. Wear something comfortable but nice."

After ending the call, I set about getting everything ready. This day was going to be perfect—my way of showing Priscilla just how much she meant to me, and how sorry I was for shutting her out when things got tough. I wanted to give her the kind of day she deserved, one filled with beauty, romance, and a glimpse into our future together.

***

Exactly an hour later, I pulled up in front of Priscilla’s apartment. When she stepped out, my breath caught in my throat. She looked effortlessly stunning, dressed in a casual yet elegant outfit that suited her perfectly. As I walked up to her, I couldn’t help but feel a surge of pride and affection.

"You look beautiful," I said, offering her my hand with a smile.

"Thank you," she replied, her cheeks flushing slightly. "You look pretty good yourself."

As we drove through the city, I felt a mix of excitement and a bit of nervousness. I had planned this day down to the smallest detail, wanting to show Priscilla just how much I appreciated her and how committed I was to our future. I was determined to make it a day she’d never forget.

Our first stop was a charming little café that I’d discovered some time ago. It was tucked away in a quiet part of town, with vintage décor and an atmosphere that made you feel like you’d stepped back in time. I’d chosen this place because it was intimate and quiet perfect for the kind of conversation I needed to have with Priscilla.

As we settled into a cozy corner of the café, I felt the weight of what I needed to say. This wasn’t just about apologizing for what had happened; it was about showing Priscilla that I truly understood the impact of my actions.

"Priscilla," I began, my voice steady but filled with emotion, "I’ve been doing a lot of thinking lately, especially now that the project is finally behind me." I paused, gathering my thoughts. "I realized how much I shut you out when I was going through all that stress. And I’m really, truly sorry."