Chapter Twenty

SANELE

Today we were at Ndlovu Logstics to discuss a way forward on how we're going to deal with the assholes who burnt our taxis to ashes.

But as usual Nkosi is late. I know Nkosi doesn't take anything serious but fuck that man needs to go up.

"And then where's Nkosi?" Vusi asks.

"I last talked to him a couple hours ago telling him about the meeting." I say.

"Boss I don't think he's coming."

Nkosi is known for arriving late so it's not a shocker that's he's late.

I finally receive a call from him.

Phone conversation

"Where the fuck are you we've been-" I got interrupted.

"Get to the hospital ASAP khumo got involved in a accident." He tells me immediately dropping the call.

I quickly grab my car keys heading towards the door.

"Khumo got involved in an accident, I need to go to the hospital so stay here and look after the business I'll be be back?" I rushed out.

What happened those are the questions running through my head. Is she okay? How bad is she.

I finally get to the hospital and head to the reception. "I'm looking for my wife Khumo Modise she was admitted because she was involved in an accident." I told the receptionist. "She was rushed to the emergency. First Floor on the left." She responded.

I rushed to the elevator. When I got there Mam'Gertrude was there, Tsholo, Nkosi and Zanele. One person wasn't here and it was Tau Khumo's father.
"How is she?"

"She's about to go for surgery apparently she hit her head hard and there's internal bleeding." Tsholo informed, letting out a painful cry same as Mam'Gertrude.

NARRATED

The mood at the hospital was sad. Everyone was scared for khumo she's been in the operation for about an hour and no doctor has come out to give them feedback.

Sanele was starting to become relentless, he wanted to walk into that operation room and demand answers. Tsholo and Mam'Gertrude were filled with grave sadness and fear. Is she going to pull through? Those were the questions running through their minds.

"We need to pray." Mam'Gertrude said standing up and asking everyone to hold hands as she prays for khumo to make it.

"Heavenly Father we come before your throne of mercy we pray that you enter that Operation room m, help the doctors to bring our precious Khumo back to us. In your might name we pray Amen." Everyone one chanted.

In the dream
I was a wearing a beautiful white dress in this gorgeous garden filled with flowers. My heart was at ease like I belong here. I don't want to leave this place.

As I was walking deeper into the garden I saw a beautiful waterfall but as I was getting closer two women were sitting there laughing like old friends.

The woman finally noticed my presence but who I saw amongst them was shocking.

My mom was one of the ladies, the other lady I feel like I've seen her somewhere but I can't remember where.

"Khumo what are you doing here your not suppose to be here." My mom said standing up and approaching me.

"No mama your wrong I'm where I'm suppose to be here with you." I said holding her hand.

"No Nana you don't understand it's not yet your time." She confessed.

"But I'm happy here and my heart is at ease I'm finally with you sooner Tsholo and Papa will join us and we'll be one big happy family like we used to." I happily announced.

The woman that was with us finally spoke. "Khumo do you know that your the light that my son needs." She revealed.

"Son?" I recalled. "Your Sanele's mother." I whispered.

"Yes and Khumo you were bought into his life to shine light in his darkness, I after my death he gave up on love but I guess the ndlovu ancestors decided otherwise." She grins.

"It's true khumo you were meant to be a Ndlovu bride and you and Sanele's love story doesn't end like this." Her eyes lit up.

Then suddenly there was a beam of light

"Guess it's time for you to go back." Her eyes welled up. "I need you to be strong."

"Your journey to love with Sanele isn't going to a smooth sailing one there's going to be trials and tribulations but what needs to keep you moving is love." Sanele's mother said that as her eyes sparkled with hope.

And then she pushed me into the light. When I tried opening my eyes they were heavy and the light was hurting my eyes.

SANELE

Mam'Gertrude was praying every second like God will listen to her prayers. And I need a break for a little bit.

"Is there anything I can get you." Nkosi asked.

"Just coffee." Zanele answers. "Make it three." She mutters."

Even though I don't like Zanele but I'm happy she's here. We walked away from the ladies and went to the coffee shop.

"What the fuck happened?" I snapped at Nkosi.

"Someone tampered with here brakes." Nkosi replies.

"Tell me everything to how you found, don't leave anything out." I demanded.

"I was on a call with her while she was driving when all of sudden she tells me that her brakes ain't working and I told to jump out of the car I'm on my way." He explained.

"Someone tampered with my wife's brakes." I mumbled.

"Whoever fucked with them wanted her dead." He added. "See you Inside."
I still can't believe someone wanted khumo dead.

And only one person came into my mind

Dineo.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

What a shocker! Khumo was meant to be a Ndlovu wife.

She got a visit from mother-in-law.

I pray that out girl pulls through

Who wants that perfect love anyway...anyway

Cliche Cliche

Love. Light. And peace 💌

See you in the next chapter 💖