[6] Shattered Pieces

~Jade tries fixing things with Harper, telling her the truth what happened between her and beck. But now everything is even worse.
Later, they see each other on Tori's birthday party. Harper finds Jade outside throwing up and decides to bring her home. They spent the night together.~

The weight of what had happened with Beck hung over Jade like a storm cloud, dark and oppressive. Days passed in a blur of regret and guilt, with Harper still ignoring her, and Jade's mind constantly returning to that night. The anger she had once felt was now replaced by a deep sadness, but she was still too stubborn, too proud to admit how badly she had messed up. The longer Harper stayed silent, the more Jade's emotions twisted inside her, a toxic mix of guilt, resentment, and longing.

But all that changed one quiet afternoon when Jade heard a knock on her front door. She wasn't expecting anyone, so when she pulled the door open and saw Harper standing there, her heart skipped a beat. Harper looked nervous, her usual confident demeanor replaced with an uneasy expression that made Jade's heart clench. She'd wanted this—had been yearning for it—but now that Harper was here, she wasn't sure if she was ready for what was to come.

"Hey," Harper said softly, her voice tentative, as if she were afraid Jade might slam the door in her face.

"Hey," Jade replied, her tone more guarded, even though her insides were twisting with anxiety.

Harper hesitated for a moment before stepping inside. She avoided Jade's eyes, instead focusing on her hands, which she wrung together nervously. "I... I've been thinking a lot. About what happened, about how I reacted."

Jade's chest tightened. She didn't know where Harper was going with this, but she had a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach. She had played out this conversation in her head a hundred times, but now that it was happening, she was terrified.

"I'm sorry I shut you out," Harper continued, her voice wavering. "I was hurt, and I needed time to process everything. But I should've talked to you instead of just... disappearing. You didn't deserve that."

The sincerity in Harper's voice cut through Jade, making the guilt weigh even heavier on her shoulders. This was the moment she had been dreading—the moment where she would have to come clean and risk losing the one person who meant the most to her.

"Harper," Jade started, her voice shaky, "there's something I need to tell you."

Harper's eyes met hers then, wide and filled with an almost desperate hope. Jade could see it—the longing for this to just be a misunderstanding, for them to go back to the way things were before everything fell apart. But there was no going back.

"What is it?" Harper asked, her voice barely a whisper.

Jade took a deep breath, steeling herself for the confession that would undoubtedly shatter everything between them. She didn't want to say it, didn't want to hurt Harper any more than she already had, but she knew she couldn't keep it hidden.

"I slept with Beck," Jade finally admitted, her voice raw with emotion. She watched as the words hit Harper like a physical blow, her face crumpling in pain and disbelief.

For a moment, Harper just stared at her, as if trying to process what she had just heard. Jade could see the tears welling up in Harper's eyes, the hurt and betrayal that was now etched into every line of her face. It was like watching her world crumble, and Jade knew she was the one who had caused it.

"You... you what?" Harper stammered, her voice trembling.

Jade swallowed hard, forcing herself to meet Harper's gaze. "It was a mistake. I was upset, I wasn't thinking clearly. It didn't mean anything, Harper, I swear. But I know that doesn't make it right."