[10] Truth or Dare

The sun had set, casting long shadows across the streets as the group gathered at Tori's house for a small party. The end of the school year had left everyone with a mix of excitement and nostalgia, and tonight's gathering was meant to be a way to unwind, relax, and enjoy each other's company before the summer truly kicked off. The air was warm, the atmosphere was light, and Tori had done her best to create a welcoming space in her living room. Soft music played in the background, snacks and drinks were scattered across the coffee table, and everyone seemed ready for a good time.

Jade and Harper arrived together, as they always did these days, and slipped onto the couch in the corner. Jade's hand casually rested on Harper's thigh, a silent claim of affection, and Harper leaned into her with a small smile. Across the room, Beck, Andre, and Cat were already deep in conversation while Robbie fussed with Rex, trying to get the puppet to stop making inappropriate comments.

Trina, much to Jade's annoyance, had inserted herself into the group as well, trying to act like she belonged even though no one had invited her. She hovered around Beck, clearly trying to catch his attention, but Beck seemed more interested in talking to Andre than acknowledging Trina's attempts at flirting.

After a while, as the casual chatter began to lull, Tori suggested a game. "How about Truth or Dare?" she asked, her voice bright and eager.

There was a collective groan, mostly from Jade, but Tori pressed on. "Come on, guys, it'll be fun! We need to spice things up a bit."

Andre shrugged, leaning back in his chair. "I'm down for it."

Cat bounced up from her spot on the floor, clapping her hands excitedly. "Ooooh! I love Truth or Dare!"

Harper chuckled softly next to Jade. "What do you think?" she asked, nudging Jade gently. "You up for it?"

Jade rolled her eyes, but there was a small smirk on her lips. "Fine. But if it gets stupid, I'm out."

With everyone reluctantly agreeing, they all gathered in a loose circle in Tori's living room. Trina took a seat closer to Beck than anyone else, her eyes constantly darting toward him. Jade noticed and shot her a cold glare, but she didn't say anything—yet.

The game started off light. Tori asked Cat to balance a spoon on her nose, which she did with glee, and Robbie got dared to do a ridiculous dance that had everyone laughing. Jade sat back, casually sipping her drink, occasionally exchanging amused glances with Harper. Everything seemed fine, but there was a tension brewing beneath the surface—something neither of them could quite place yet.

Then, it was Beck's turn.

Trina, who had been waiting for this moment, leaned forward with a sly grin. She placed her hand on Beck's chest, her fingers trailing down his shirt in what she clearly thought was a seductive move. Everyone noticed it, but the room remained quiet, the tension suddenly thick.

"I dare you, Beck," Trina said, her voice dripping with anticipation, "to kiss the person in this room you have feelings for."

The room froze. Harper shifted slightly next to Jade, her hand tensing on her leg. Jade raised an eyebrow, already annoyed by Trina's overly confident approach. Trina was so sure Beck would pick her—she leaned closer, her eyes sparkling with expectation.

Beck, however, didn't move at first. His eyes scanned the room, lingering on Trina for only a moment before moving past her. The cocky smirk on Trina's face began to falter, confusion spreading across her features. Then, to everyone's surprise, Beck stood up and began walking toward Jade.

Jade's smirk dropped. "What are you doing, Beck?" she asked, her voice low, a dangerous edge to it. But Beck didn't answer. Without a word, he leaned down and pressed his lips against hers in a kiss that lasted longer than it should have.