[13] Forbidden Love Triangle /3

The party was in full swing, with music thumping so loudly the bass seemed to reverberate through the walls. Harper and Lila were sitting in a secluded corner of the crowded living room, drinks in hand, leaning into each other as they spoke. The alcohol had loosened their inhibitions, and the air between them was heavy with the kind of charged energy that can only come from a mix of frustration, jealousy, and too many drinks.

They were both laughing, though Harper's laughter carried a bitter edge. It had been days since she and Jade had spoken. Their fight—about something petty and yet significant—was hanging over her head, making her restless and reckless.

Lila leaned in closer, her hand brushing Harper's arm as she spoke. "I don't know what's going on between you and Jade, but you deserve to have a good time tonight."

Harper smirked, her gaze flicking to Lila's lips for a brief second before looking away. "Maybe you're right," she said, her voice low, almost as if she was talking more to herself than to Lila.

Lila smiled, her eyes locking onto Harper's. "I'm always right," she said, and before either of them knew what was happening, they leaned into each other, their lips meeting in a kiss. It was slow at first, tentative, as though both were unsure whether they wanted to commit to the moment. But the alcohol and the emotions swirling between them took over, and soon the kiss deepened, turning more passionate.

Just as Harper's hands found their way to Lila's waist, she froze. Jade.

She pulled away suddenly, her chest heaving with the weight of her breath and her guilt. "I... I can't," Harper stammered, her heart pounding. "This isn't right."

Lila blinked in confusion, her own mind foggy from the alcohol, but she didn't push it. She nodded, biting her lip as if trying to push down her own desire. "Okay," she whispered, though the air between them still buzzed with unspoken tension.

Meanwhile, Jade had arrived at the party, her mood dark and brooding. She was angry—angry at Harper, angry at herself, and angry at everything that had gone wrong between them in the past few days. As soon as she walked through the door, she grabbed a drink, gulping it down without hesitation.

She spotted her friends—Tori, Cat, Andre, Beck, and Robbie—standing in a group near the back of the room. Beck was trying to shake off Trina, who was yet again attempting to flirt with him, her hand resting on his shoulder. Jade rolled her eyes at the sight, smirking at Beck's frustration. Trina was persistent, she'd give her that.

As Jade made her way to the group, Beck nodded towards her. "Harper's here too, you know," he said, not knowing about their current fallout. He gestured with his drink towards the other side of the room. "She's with Lila."

Jade's gaze followed Beck's gesture, and her eyes locked on Harper and Lila, sitting closer than she liked. A wave of jealousy surged through her as she watched them, her heart pounding faster with each step she took towards them. The alcohol was starting to blur her thoughts, and the raw emotion of seeing Harper with someone else only fueled her recklessness.

As she got closer, she could see the lingering tension between Harper and Lila. She didn't think twice. She reached out and placed a hand on Lila's neck, pulling her around abruptly. Lila, startled, looked up just in time to see Jade's face before Jade pressed her lips to hers.

For a moment, Lila froze, confused by the sudden kiss. But something in Jade's intensity made her lean into it. Maybe it was the alcohol, maybe it was the tension of the night, but Lila kissed her back. The room around them seemed to disappear as Jade's hands gripped Lila's jaw, pulling her closer. The kiss was rough, almost desperate, as if Jade was trying to erase all her confusion and anger in this one act.

Harper, still dazed from the kiss she'd shared with Lila earlier, felt her heart lurch as she watched the scene unfold. But instead of pulling back in anger, she found herself stepping forward. The emotions that had been building up inside her over the past days—the frustration, the desire, the confusion—rushed to the surface.

Before she could stop herself, Harper's hands were on Jade's waist, pulling her closer. She pressed her lips to Jade's neck, kissing her skin softly as Jade continued to kiss Lila. Lila, caught between the two, felt her breath hitch. Harper's lips found their way back to hers, and for a moment, all three of them were caught in a confusing, intoxicated swirl of emotion and touch.

The room spun around them as the alcohol coursed through their veins, and none of them seemed to fully understand what was happening, only that the lines between anger, jealousy, and passion had blurred beyond recognition.

Jade, still kissing Lila, opened her eyes slightly, her gaze shifting to Harper. Something about the sight of Harper's hands on her made her heart tighten. Without thinking, she pulled away from Lila, turning to face Harper fully. Their eyes locked, and for a moment, everything else in the room faded away.

They were both breathless, their emotions running high. Jade's lips twitched into a small, soft smile before she leaned in and kissed Harper, hard and desperate, as if trying to tell her everything she'd been holding back for days. Harper responded instantly, her arms wrapping tightly around Jade's waist, pulling her close.

Lila, standing there still feeling the heat of everything that had just happened, watched as Harper and Jade lost themselves in each other. The tension, the frustration, and the desire that had built up over the past few days seemed to explode all at once in that kiss, leaving them both breathless and overwhelmed.

When they finally pulled away, the room was still spinning, but something between them had shifted. They stood there, tangled in each other's arms, and for the first time in what felt like forever, neither of them felt the need to say anything. Everything they needed to communicate had already been said in the heat of the moment, in the intensity of their kiss.

The rest of the party faded into the background as the three of them stood there, caught in the aftermath of the night's confusing, chaotic emotions.