[11] Forbidden Love Triangle /1

hello everyone!
This chapter will have multiple parts, so don't wonder about the 1 in the title. Enjoy reading🫶🏻

It was nearing the end of the school day at Hollywood Arts, and Harper couldn't wait for it to be over. She and Jade had been dating for a couple of months now, and despite their fiery arguments and Jade's sometimes cold demeanor, they were a surprisingly strong couple. There was an undeniable pull between them, something magnetic. Harper loved the moments when Jade's guard would drop, revealing the vulnerable girl beneath all the sarcasm and biting remarks.

They were supposed to meet after class by the courtyard, their usual spot under the oak tree, and walk home together. Jade was always late, though, which Harper had come to expect. She didn't mind waiting—normally.

But things had felt... off recently.

It started a couple of weeks ago when a new girl named Lila transferred to Hollywood Arts. Tall, striking, with fiery red hair and an effortlessly cool demeanor, she had quickly caught everyone's attention, including Jade's. At first, Harper didn't think much of it. Jade was naturally charismatic, and people gravitated toward her. But Lila wasn't just anyone. She seemed particularly interested in Jade. And worse, Jade didn't seem to mind the attention.

Harper sat beneath the oak tree, waiting, but Jade still hadn't shown up. She glanced at her phone, checking the time. Fifteen minutes late. Again.

Just as she was about to get up and leave, she spotted Jade. But Jade wasn't alone. Walking right next to her was Lila. They were talking and laughing, the easy kind of laughter that made Harper's stomach twist. Lila leaned in closer to Jade, brushing her arm, and Jade didn't pull away.

Harper's heart sank.

Jade finally spotted Harper under the tree, her smirk softening as their eyes met. "Hey, sorry I'm late," Jade called out as they approached.

Harper tried to force a smile, but it felt hollow. "No problem."

Lila gave Harper a casual wave. "Hey, Harper! Jade and I were just talking about the end-of-year showcase. She's got some pretty killer ideas."

"Yeah," Harper replied, her voice tight. "Jade always has great ideas."

There was an awkward pause before Lila turned to Jade. "Anyway, I'll catch you later. See you at rehearsal?"

Jade nodded, and as Lila walked off, Harper couldn't help but notice the lingering glance Jade gave her. A familiar ache settled in Harper's chest. She hated feeling like this—jealous, insecure—but she couldn't shake it.

Jade turned back to Harper, her expression unreadable. "What's wrong? You've been acting weird."

Harper shrugged, trying to brush it off. "Nothing. I'm fine."

Jade rolled her eyes. "Right. Because you're totally convincing."

Harper stood up, her frustration bubbling over. "Okay, fine. It's Lila."

Jade blinked, caught off guard. "What about her?"

Harper crossed her arms, struggling to find the right words. "I don't know. It's just... you've been spending a lot of time with her lately."

Jade raised an eyebrow, a hint of annoyance creeping into her voice. "She's new. She doesn't know anyone here."

"Yeah, but it's not just that," Harper pressed. "The way she looks at you... And the way you look at her."

Jade's eyes narrowed. "You're being ridiculous. There's nothing going on between us."

Harper scoffed. "Really? Because it doesn't seem that way. It feels like you're drifting toward her, and I'm just—"