Chapter 43

LEENA'S POV 💍

The city lights filtered through the window, mingling with the soft glow of the moonlight that bathed the room into a dim comfortable hue.

Outside, the Eiffel Tower stood proudly against the night sky, its lights twinkling like distant stars. The view was breathtaking, the kind that felt almost surreal, as if we were in some dreamlike place far removed from reality.

We lay on the luxurious hotel bed, the sheets soft against our skin. His head rested on my chest, and his arms were wrapped around me, holding me close.

His breathing was slow, steady-so calm that I wondered if he had already fallen asleep. The intimacy of the moment, the closeness of our bodies after the night we'd shared, should have brought me peace. But my mind was anything but calm.

'youre mine Elysium, you're mine, only mine'

His voices are still echoing my ear now. It's like he had captured my heart and mind both at the same time

I softly caressed his hair, my fingers running through the strands that felt impossibly soft beneath my touch. My heart ached with the realization that I was falling for him-no, that I had already fallen.

The fear that came with that realization crept into my chest, tightening around my heart like a choker.

I stared at the Eiffel Tower, its lights a beautiful contrast to the darkness of the night. He had chosen this hotel, this perfect place for our honeymoon, as if he had wanted everything to be just right. And yet, despite all the gestures, despite the way he held me, the way he kissed me, the way he Fucked me, claimed me all his, he still insisted that he didn't love me.

When was I going to hear those words? The ones that would change everything. Maybe soon... or maybe never. The uncertainty gnawed at me, making it hard to breathe.

I flinched slightly when I heard his voice, deep and husky with sleep, breaking the silence. "Elysium, you didn't sleep yet?" His tone was so raw, so intimate that it made my heart skip a beat.

I hesitated, not sure what to say. My heart felt too heavy, too full of emotions I wasn't ready to confront. I shook my head slowly, and before I knew it, I was slipping out from under his embrace, pulling the sheets around me as I stood up.

The cool air of the room brushed against my bare skin as I walked toward the balcony, needing a moment to clear my head.

But I wasn't alone for long. I heard the rustle of sheets as he got up and followed me outside, his steps slow and measured. The night air was cool, almost refreshing, as I stepped out onto the balcony, the sheet wrapped tightly around me. I kept my eyes on the view, trying to steady my breathing, trying to push away the fears that were creeping in.

"What's bothering you, Elysium?" His voice was softer now, less guarded, as if he could sense the turmoil inside me. He always does.

I didn't answer right away. Instead, I turned to look at him, taking in the way the moonlight cast shadows on his face, highlighting the sharp angles of his jaw, the softness in his eyes that he rarely showed. The sheets hung low on his hips, and the way he stood there, so bare and open, made something inside me twist.

I didn't know how to tell him what was bothering me, didn't know how to put into words the fear that came with loving him. All I knew was that I was scared-scared of loving him more than he could ever love me, scared of the heartbreak that felt inevitable. I opened my mouth to say something, anything, but the words caught in my throat. So instead, I just stood there, feeling the weight of everything unsaid hanging between us, wondering if he could see the fear in my eyes.