Chapter 71

YOONGI POV 🖤

I walked into the room, the soft sound of my footsteps barely audible on the floor. Leena lay there, her half-closed eyes finding me immediately. Her father sat beside her, his face lined with worry and relief. As I slowly approached, he stood up and placed a firm yet gentle hand on my shoulder.

"Thank you, Yoongi," he said, his voice thick with emotion. It wasn’t just gratitude—it was an unspoken apology, a shared understanding of the pain his daughter had endured because of that monster. He was thanking me for giving that bastard the punishment he deserved.

"It's my responsibility, Uncle," I replied quietly.

He nodded, the weight of years of sorrow and relief in that simple gesture. "You two talk, I’ll leave."

I nodded in return, watching him walk toward the door. As he left, I glanced back at my family standing just outside. They nodded at me, understanding that this moment belonged to Leena and me. Mom gave me a soft smile before quietly locking the door behind her.

I turned my attention back to Leena, my heart tightening at the sight of her fragile form on the bed. Slowly, I walked closer, sitting beside her. The silence between us was heavy, but I needed to say something. The words escaped my lips before I could even think.

"Elysium," I whispered, her name sounding like a lifeline in the quiet room.

Her eyes fluttered, and she looked at me with that soft, familiar gaze.

I gently caressed her cheek, feeling the softness of her skin beneath my rough, calloused fingers. My hand, the same one that’s taken lives, could never be as gentle as some prince from a fairytale, but I tried—tried to soften for her.

"Are you okay, Elysium?" I asked, my voice softer than it had been in days.

Her eyes, half-closed and tired, looked up at me. For a moment, I was afraid she’d pull away, afraid my touch would remind her of the violence, the blood. But instead, she leaned into my palm, her warmth grounding me.

"I am more than okay, Yoongi," she whispered, her voice barely reaching my ears, but I could hear the warmth behind it. I continued to caress her cheeks, feeling their softness under my fingers. The contrast between her gentle touch and the harshness of my life hit me.

"I was too worried for you," I said softly, my voice betraying the anxiety that had consumed me earlier.

"I'm sorry for making you worry again, but how weak I am to be your wife, Yoongi! I fainted at the sight of brutality I was supposed to enjoy." Her words were filled with self-doubt, and it pained me to hear her question her strength.

I shook my head, cupping her face gently. "No... no, you're not at all weak, my love. Not at all. You're the most powerful, brave girl I've ever seen... You are too strong. You make me so proud, Leena. Too proud."

She chuckled weakly, though I could see the blush creeping up her cheeks. "Making fun of me?" she asked, a teasing glint in her eyes.

"I dare?" I smirked, feeling the tension ease slightly. "You know, Elysium, when you crushed that Chanwoo under your heel, I felt like clapping, whistling for you, and saying, 'That's my girl.' But I had to act like I was gone, just to make that bastard overconfident."

She blushed deeper this time, hiding her face for a second before looking back at me. "You really scared me with your acting, Yoongi... wait." She reached for the drawer beside the bed, pulling out a chain she always wore. I watched as she unclasped it and held it up to me.

"I don't have a medal for acting, but here, have it." She placed the chain around my neck, the gesture so intimate and sincere it made my heart clench.

I smiled, feeling the weight of it on me. "It's like an Oscar for you. You should start acting, Yoongi. I'll be your biggest fan."