𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 6

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 6

A figure emerged from the shadows like a smoke—Alden Viridian, his blonde hair tousled and his kiwi eyes gleaming with mischief.

"Angeline," Alden said, his voice smooth as velvet. "I've been looking for you all night. There's something I've been meaning to ask you."

"What is it, Alden?" she asked warily, and she couldn't help but be drawn to his lemon eyes.

Alden smiled, a predatory glint in his eye. "I've been working on a new ASMR video. I was wondering if you'd like to join me tomorrow. Your voice would be... perfect."

Ange blinked, caught off guard by the bizarre request. "Ew, no. I have my own ASMR channel, thank you very much."

Alden's smile faltered for a moment before it twisted into something more sinister. "Is that so? Well, I guess that makes us... rivals."

Ange could hardly believe what she was hearing. "Rivals? Over ASMR?"

Alden's eyes narrowed, his tone icy. "Oh, you have no idea how serious this is, Angeline."

Angeline scoffed at him. She was such a girlboss.

"Don't think this is over, Angeline. We'll see who has the better ASMR channel."

The tension between them crackled in the air as Alden stalked off. Abraxas then suddenly reappeared, tears streaking down his cheeks as he lamented the loss of Nickelback. "My party is ruined!" he wailed, his voice cracking. "They were supposed to play 'Photograph' next, and now... now we'll never know what it reminds them of!"

Alden, ever the voice of reason, patted Abraxas on the back, attempting to console him. "Look, at least they didn't trash your manor. Besides, you've still got your wealth, your status, and everything else, right? Consider this a valuable lesson."

Abraxas sniffed, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand. "I suppose you're right... But it still hurts, Alden. It really does."

Alden gave him a supportive smile, but as Abraxas turned to leave, he couldn't resist flipping Alden off behind his back. Ange barely stifled a laugh as she watched Abraxas sprint off away from the manor, his house-elf trailing behind him.

"Ugh I hate Alden!!!" Ange said, "What a weirdo! I guess we're enemies now."

Ange passed through the kitchen, where she noticed a new addition—a large, gnarled tree in the corner, its branches casting eerie shadows on the walls. She frowned. "Abraxas, what's with the new tree in the kitchen?"

Abraxas paused, glancing back at the tree. "Oh, that's not a tree. It's just Travers in his hidebehind form. He's been sulking there for hours."

Ange's mouth dropped open. "You mean he's been... lurking in here the whole time?"

"Apparently," Abraxas replied with a shrug. "He likes to keep an eye on things. As long as he can't be seen."