𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 13

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 13

Ange was still dressed in her dark robes, her head bald and her face pale, with dark circles under her eyes. But she didn't know she was dressed like Voldemort—she thought she looked mysterious and powerful, an enigmatic figure worthy of the attention she was getting. As she followed the mysterious organ music that echoed through the manor, a voice whispered her name, calling her towards it.

But as she rounded a corner, she was abruptly stopped by Alden Viridian, who leaned casually against the wall, blocking her path. His smirk was infuriatingly charming, his eyes—zesty, yet inviting—glinted with mischief. He looked like a man plucked straight out of a gothic romance novel, with the poise of a royal and the magnetism of a rogue.

"Going somewhere, darling?" he drawled, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

Ange crossed her arms, glaring up at him. "Move, Viridian. I have important things to do."

Alden let out a low chuckle, "Dressed like that?" He gestured to her outfit, his grin widening. "Interesting fashion choice. What are you supposed to be? A half-melted candle?"

She narrowed her eyes, refusing to let him get under her skin. "Me? Yeah... Well... What's with the perfectly tousled hair? Did you spend an hour in front of the mirror practicing that 'just rolled out of bed' look?"

He chuckled, leaning in closer. "Can't help it if I look good without trying, darling. Unlike some people, who need... a bit more effort."

"Ugh!" Ange huffed, annoyed at the flutter in her chest. "Why do you always have to be so infuriatingly handsome and stupid at the same time?"

"Can't help it, I suppose. It's a curse," Alden replied with a mock sigh, his eyes gleaming with humour.

"Whatever," Ange muttered, trying to ignore the undeniable attraction that made her want to both punch and kiss him at the same time. "Just let me pass."

Alden, however, did not budge. "You look like you need breakfast. Come on, I made it myself."

Before Ange could protest, he took her hand—firm, warm, soft, moisturised—and led her to the dining hall. Ange's jaw dropped as she saw the feast laid out before her. The long table was lined with steaming Burger King, piles of Kouign Amann pastries that looked like they had been crafted by angels, and rows of raspberry tarts and cakes that made her mouth water.

She stared at him, utterly gobsmacked. "How the hell do you know these are some of my favourite foods?!"

Alden arched an eyebrow, genuinely puzzled. "What do you mean? These are just my favourites..."

Her jaw dropped. "No way we have the same favourites."

Alden shrugged, giving her a wink. "Guess we're more alike than you thought. A match made in heaven, wouldn't you say?"

Reluctantly, Ange sat down and took a bite of the kouign amann. She was furious to admit that it was delicious. Actually, everything on the table was perfect, better than any bakery or store-bought versions she'd ever had. She glared at Alden. "Where did you get these?" she demanded. "No bakery I know makes anything this good."

He smiled, taking a sip from his cup. "Made them all myself."

She rolled her eyes but couldn't suppress the tiniest hint of a smile as she took another bite. Maybe, just maybe, Alden wasn't entirely terrible.

Before Ange could respond, the faint strumming of an electric guitar filled the room, gradually growing louder until the door burst open, and Rosier swaggered in, rocking out on his guitar.

"Hell yeah, Rosier! Rock it!" Alden called out, tossing him a packet of fresh blood.

Rosier caught it mid-air, pierced it with a silly straw, and started sipping casually as he continued to strum.

As Rosier's music filled the room, Ange found herself engaging in surprisingly witty banter with Alden. She hated to admit it, but she was starting to enjoy his company. Across the table, Rosier glared at them both, clearly not pleased with how cosy they seemed. At one point, his jealousy got the better of him. With a wild cry, he leapt up, brandishing two silver daggers and lunging at Alden.

Alden, unfazed, effortlessly wrestled Rosier to the ground, pinning him down with one hand while offering him another packet of blood with the other. "Here, have some more. You're getting cranky."

Rosier, grumbling, accepted the blood, and Alden stood up, dusting himself off. "Play 'Sexy Thing' by Hot Chocolate, will you?" Alden said, completely unfazed by the attack.

As Rosier grudgingly started playing the song, Alden brought out a tray of steaming hot beverages. Ange's good mood evaporated the moment she saw what they were.

He was holding a tray of steaming hot beverages. "Care for a cup?" he asked with a sly grin. "I make the best hot chocolate in the wizarding world."

Ange's eyes widened in horror. Hot chocolate. Her mortal enemy. The bane of her existence. How could she ever like someone who would so casually offer her this vile drink?

Furious, she snatched the cup from Alden's hand and poured the hot chocolate all over him. "How dare you offer me hot chocolate?! You are now officially my sworn enemy!"

Rosier, delighted by the turn of events, switched to playing "I'm So Excited" by the Pointer Sisters, his fingers flying across the guitar strings as he beamed at Ange.

Seething, Ange huffed and grabbed the remote, turning on the plasma screen TV that hung above the fireplace. She spat out a raspberry in frustration, not even noticing that it flew directly across the table and into Rosier's mouth.

Rosier's eyes widened, and he grinned. He swallowed the raspberry. "We basically just kissed," he said, looking far too pleased with himself.

Ange ignored him, her attention riveted to the TV screen. There, on the screen, was a platinum-blond man wearing a green feathered leotard, rock boots, and green eyeliner, belting out a song with wild emotion.

"Is that...?!?! ABRAXAS??!" Ange gasped.

"Yeah," Alden said nonchalantly. "He's in a solo band now—Braxie and the Blowfish. His hit 'Let Me Cry' has been number one on the wizarding charts for three years. It's not budging."

Ange was about to ask more when the room suddenly darkened. Black smoke began to seep in through the cracks, and the sound of snakes hissing filled the air. The door creaked open on its own, and Tom Riddle floated in atop the swirling smoke, his eyes glowing eerily purple.

He circled the table once before stopping beside Ange, his presence sending chills down her spine. "I must speak with you immediately," he said, his voice low and commanding. "It is of utmost importance."

Ange's heart skipped a beat as the love of her life reached out, picking her up effortlessly and floating her away from the room, leaving Alden and Rosier behind in stunned silence.