Chapter 18

I entered the school library and went to the lady at the front desk. "Hello miss, I'm here to return my book." The lady smiled and took the book from my hand. "Thank you darling,your just on time." I smiled and continued to look in the library. I turned and saw him,it was him again. I smiled and took a seat next to him. I tapped his shoulder gently to get his attention. "Hey Soobin,it's me." I whispered He looked up from his book and smiled when our eyes met. "Oh hey, looking for a new book I suppose?" "Yeah,I guess,what are you reading?" "Just a random manga." I nodded. "Do you recommend a book I can read?" Soobin's eyes instantly lit up and he quickly grabbed my wrist,we strolled through the library as his eyes scanned for the book. "Ah here it is." He took the book and handed it to me." I looked at the book and smiled. "A murder mystery?" "Yep, I know you really love them so, you will love this one for sure it has such a plot twist." I thanked him and we both took our seats again. I sighed heavily and layed my head on the desk. "You good?" "No not really." "What's up?" "Let's just say I have a crush on this dude and his going out to the movies with one of my closest friends, alone..." Soobin smiled. "Let me guess this guy you have a so called crush on is Jake?" My heart instantly dropped, How did he know?.. "Uhh yeah..,how did you know." I stuttered. "Well ,I see the way you look at him and act around him." "Is it that obvious." I sighed. He chuckled and spoke up. "How about we go to the movies together, we can go see the same movie they're going to and could maybe kinda spy on them..?" I gazed at him. "That's a great idea." I said trying my best not to shout from excitement. "Okay cool just type your number in my phone." I took his phone and did as he said. "With pleasure." I smirked. He chuckled and ruffled my hair "I'll see you then." He said while getting up to leave. "Alright, see you then." I smiled.

                     *            *             *
Today was the day Soobin and I would spy on Jake and Minju. I couldn't sleep the whole night thinking whether this plan would work out or be a complete mess I made sure to get there extra early and waited for a while.I hid behind a sign outside the movie entrance glaring at the two of them. Minju and Jake were chatting outside the entrance. "Oh come on, can they go inside already?!" I sighed starting to get impatient. I then felt someone tap my shoulder and I immediately screamed while jumping up from feeling startled. Soobin pulled me down quickly and covered my mouth so I wouldn't make another sound. "Shut up dumbass, it's me." He whispered. I let out a sigh of relief and greeted him softly. "You actually came." I whispered. "Of course I did, I said I would come." "Well thank-" "look!,there going inside." I quickly peeked from the sign and the two had finally entered the entrance. "Great!, let's go after them!" I exclaimed. "No!,are you stupid they will obviously see us we should wait until they get their tickets and can you please keep it down do you want to get caught?!" "Oh I'm sorry Mister know it all, but I have never spied on someone before." "Well you should have some common sense to not get caught." I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Are you here to insult me or help me?" Soobin then peeked by the sign and his eyes lit up. "Hurry they are going inside the theatre." He grabbed my arm in a hurry and ran by section to buy tickets. The man looked up and smiled. "Hello would you-" "We want to go to the same movie that guy and girl went to together." Soobin interrupted. The man gazed at us for sometime. "U..uh I'm afraid I can't do that." "Why-" "We are there friends,we were running late!" I interrupted Soobin. The man raised an eyebrow at us and sighed. "Okay,here you are." We bowed respectfully thanking him as we ran and got some popcorn. The security let us inside the theatre. It was was dark inside and some adds were still playing on the big screen.We both slowly sneaked our way two rows in front of Jake and Minju. I took a seat and so did Soobin. I leaned down a bit to get a better view of the two. They were both sharing one big bowl of popcorn.

                     *             *             *
The movie was still on and I was still keeping my eye on them barely paying attention to the movie. Suddenly a junpscare came up on the screen and Minju screamed while grabbing onto Jake's hand. I felt my blood boil as I chewed my popcorn aggressively. Jake then slowly came closer to Minju and patted her head to comfort her. I almost stood up at that very second but I kept it together. Soobin then quickly grabbed my hand and I looked at him in confusion and let out a sigh as I saw him shaking with fear. I chuckled and held his hand tighter. "It's just a movie relax." "Y...your not even focusing on the movie." He stuttered. "Huh your right." I smiled Soobin let out another high pitched scream and covered his eyes with my jacket making our hand grip tighter. I chuckled and patted his back gently

                     *            *             *
The movie had finally ended and Jake and Minju were walking in the mall together. Soobin and I quitely followed behind them avoiding to get caught. We stopped and hid behind a pole as the two entered a near by ice-cream store. I grabbed Soobin and slowly ran to the entrance and crouched down. I peeked over and saw the two ordering. I watched them sometime and had there ice-cream and took a seat by a little group of chairs. I turned around and sighed. "There sitting now." "Oh I wanna see." He said we both swapped positions and now he was closest to the entrance he peeked and suddenly lost his balance he grabbed my shirt quickly in a panic ,but I ended up losing my balance with him and we both ended up falling right infront of the entrance. I looked down at Soobin in a panic and quickly got up and helped him up as well. I looked up to see Jake and Minju starting directly at us. Well, this is just perfect..

(Ty for reading and being patient with me a vote is also much appreciated Ty!!)