AR Chapter 1 - Saved by Artemis

Issei has had a difficult life to date, the only person who had ever shown him any love in his family was his older sister Naomi, but like him, she was constantly abused by their parents Miki and Gorou. Naomi is 2 years older than Issei. When Naomi left her family to pursue her dream degree in the United States, she was disowned by her family and left to fend for herself in a foreign land. But luckily she had assistance from her roommate Claire Phoenix, who helped fund her tuition to pursue her degree.

Monthly she'd send money to her younger brother Issei, to help him, but the money was taken from him by his parents, who constantly beat and abused him and Issei's life did not get better at school, he was constantly berated, abused and beaten by the Students at Kuoh Academy, he was constantly framed as a pervert when that wasn't the case.

And all the news from school would reach home which would result in him being beaten again and again constantly, he'd have scars, fractures and broken bones from the daily injuries, some weren't treated at all, leaving him with some infections as well.

But one day would be his breaking point. During a school camping trip, he got the same daily treatment as he did from his fellow second-year students the only ones who didn't were Kiba Yuuto, the Student Council second years and the Kendo Captains Kaori Murayama and Yui Katase. The teachers did not even turn an eye to him, and to make things worse, his parents decided to up and leave him alone without any prior notice at all, which made his mental situation worse

He was constantly bullied and had projectiles thrown at him, stones, and cups and he had enough when the sun went down, he went up to the highest cliff in the park where the trip was taking place where he intended to give his life up, but as he was at the top of the hill on the full moon, he saw a woman standing behind him aiming a bow and arrow at him.

????: Who are you, damned vile creature?

Issei: I'm no one Ma'am, just a person who is disillusioned with his life and intends to give it all up, probably others would be happy if I did die.

But if that arrow you're aiming at me can kill, could you please do so and kill me, I am tired of living, I've been abused, berated, beaten, and injured. Everything and more under the sun and moon. So if you intend to kill me, please make it quick and end my suffering, probably I can go to the afterlife and spend my time there with one of the only people who cared for me.

????: And who would that be?

Issei: My grandfather. But before you do fire that arrow, might I know your name?

????: And why would a vile man-creature like you want to do with my name?

Issei: To thank you.

????: For what?

Issei: For ending all my suffering and reuniting me with my grandfather.

Artemis: My name is Artemis.

Issei: The same name as the Greek Goddess of Hunting and the Moon, I suppose it is appropriate seeing it is a full moon and all.

Artemis: I am that Artemis.

Issei: Well it is an honour to meet you Lady Artemis, I am aware of how much you hate men, so then here's some penance, you kill me, everyone is happy.

Artemis was genuinely bamboozled by Issei's behaviour and how he wasn't afraid so she continued questioning him instead of killing him.

Artemis: Won't you beg for your life, beg for mercy? What about your parents? Don't you care about them, your mother?!!!!

Issei: Ah yes, her, she doesn't care about me, The same can be said for my old man, I suppose I can't even call them my parents since they decided to abandon me and they left for another country 2 months ago so I've been struggling to survive on my own and I've got a cat to take care of. Plus they made it clear that I wasn't their child, I was just someone they picked up on the street since they felt pity for me.

Issei had tears fall down his face as he retold how his parents abandoned him. Artemis was shocked that a woman would do that and thought Issei was lying.

Artemis: You lie, no mother would do that to a child, whether it's their birth child or adopted-

Issei: But they did it to me!!! They disowned my sister because she wanted to chase her dreams and went to study at a foreign university!!!! *sniff* Why does life have to be like this fucked up for me & her

I am abandoned and at the same time, I'm told that I'm not their child, I was some child picked up on the street. That's why I want to die Lady Artemis *sob* no one will miss me, I'm sure not even my birth parents would miss a pathetic child like me. I'm partially blind due to being thrown into a glass window, I'm partially deaf from taking so many whacks to the head, and I'm just a fucking cripple and a liability. So please fire that arrow so I can die in peace, I beg of you, Lady Artemis, please!!!!!!!!!!

Artemis was shocked to hear of Issei's struggles though he was male, she knew deep in her heart, that her hate held no candle to his suffering and pain and the fact that he was begging her to use her hatred of men to kill him and end his suffering, but she did something he never expected, she comforted him

Artemis: You know, by looking at you, I'm reminded of my Godson, a little bundle of joy, even I couldn't resist not playing with him, but then killing yourself isn't the way to go. I understand it's been hard but this isn't the way.

Issei cried at Artemis loudly though she formed a barrier so no one would hear them, and he cried heavily.

Artemis: There There.' He has seals on him and his energy is so similar to Grayfia and Sirzechs, could it be you Arti-chan?'

Issei: I'm so sorry I ruined your outfit.

Artemis: I needn't worry about that, right now you need to head back to your classmates, but take this.

Issei: What is this?

Artemis: It's a teleportation flier, when you need me, just say the word and I'll be there.

Issei: Thank you.

Artemis: Remember suicide is not the way, you've still got your sister.

Issei: Thank you Lady Artemis.

Artemis teleported away as she was still in shock.

Artemis: I helped a man. But this boy doesn't deserve anything that has happened to him. I just hope you'll be alright Issei.

What she didn't know was that Issei's situation was getting worse with each passing day.