Author's Note

Dear Readers,

Hidden Flame has been a deeply personal journey for me, a story woven from threads of passion, identity, and the complex nature of human connection. This novel explores the delicate balance between professional boundaries and personal desires, set against the backdrop of a prestigious high school where emotions run high and stakes are profound.

Writing River and August’s story has been both challenging and rewarding. Their journey of self-discovery and forbidden love reflects the nuanced realities of navigating relationships that defy societal expectations. It’s a reminder that the most intense connections often come with the greatest risks and that understanding oneself and another can be a beautiful, if tumultuous, process.

I hope that as you read Hidden Flame, you will find resonance in the themes of love, identity, and the struggle to find a path that honors both your heart and your values. May their story inspire you to embrace the complexities of your own journey and to appreciate the beauty of connection, even when it’s fraught with challenges.

Thank you for joining River and August on this journey. Your support means the world to me.

With heartfelt gratitude,

Bhadghurl5