i. A New Beginning

Waking up to the sound of my alarm clock blaring loudly beside me I gently reach out from underneath the covers to turn it off before getting up out of bed and making my way over towards my closet to get dressed for my morning run.

Once I finish getting dressed I head out of the apartment quickly making my way down the street towards the area just outside of town slowing my pace when I see an interesting looking sign in front of a newly painted building "ugh, I shouldn't

Once I finish getting dressed I head out of the apartment quickly making my way down the street towards the area just outside of town slowing my pace when I see an interesting looking sign in front of a newly painted building "ugh, I shouldn't. Oh, fuck it." I whispered before making my way towards the backyard seeing a middle aged man doing some weird sort of movements with his hands "what the hell is he doing?" I thought as I took a few steps towards him not noticing the pebble until I heard a loud thud from underneath me.

"Oh, shit." I whispered "hey! You're not supposed to be back here." The man snapped as he walked over to me making me take a few steps back out of nervousness "I-uh...I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to...it's just I saw the sign out front and I-I was just curious. I'll-um...I'll go." I stammered while quickly turning around to walk out "hey, just...wait a minute. I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to snap at you like that. It's just...I wasn't expecting anyone to be here." The man said "no, it-uh...it was my fault. I'm really sorry, sir." I muttered "it's perfectly fine just...give me a warning next time, okay." The man chuckled "yeah." I nodded.

"Are you interested?" He asked me "I'm sorry?" I questioned "in learning karate? I assume you saw the sign. That's why you came back here." He replied "oh, uh...I-uh...I don't know. I'm not really the athletic type." I giggled while looking down at the ground in embarrassment "well, you don't have to be athletic to do karate. You just have to have the will power and determination to learn." He replied "uhm...can I think about it?" I asked him "sure. If you're interested...you know where to find me." He smiled "okay." I nodded before heading out the gate.

Rounding the corner I feel myself bump into someone "oh, shit! Sorry!" I exclaimed while looking up at them "nah, don't sweat it. It was my fault." The guy said as he looked up at me "no, no...it was my fault. I-uh...wasn't watching where I was going." I giggled softly "I'm Robby." He smiled as he extended his hand out to me "Dylan." I replied as I shook his hand with a small smile on my face as I glanced down at the ground in nervousness "I-uh...I'm sorry. I-I gotta go otherwise I'll be late for practice." He said "oh, uh...yeah. Sorry." I chuckled as we both moved at the same time trying to get out of each other's way "I-uh...I'm sorry I just gotta-." He laughed "yeah, I'll just...there you go." I giggled while moving out of his way.

"Maybe I'll-uh...I'll see you around." He smiled "yeah, I'd like that." I giggled before walking away feeling a small blush rise up on my cheeks at the thought of those beautiful blue eyes staring back at me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shortly after I arrive back at the apartment complex I unlock the front door before heading inside quickly heading towards my bedroom immediately making my way towards the bathroom to shower to undress and unwind from the events of today.

Once I finish showering I head back into my bedroom I get underneath the covers laying back I stare at the ceiling getting flashbacks of those blue eyes I saw only moments "oh, jesus, Dylan

Once I finish showering I head back into my bedroom I get underneath the covers laying back I stare at the ceiling getting flashbacks of those blue eyes I saw only moments "oh, jesus, Dylan. Get your head out of the gutter." I muttered lowly before squealing into my pillow at the thought of seeing him again.